Cannot Upgrade Benthic Gear - Patch 10.0.5

I’m attempting to finish the quest “Create Your Own Strength” but I am not able to upgrade any piece of benthic gear whether obtained through quests, purchased from the vendor, or randomly dropped. After discovering the piece, it cannot be placed into the upgrade slot with the NPC. The error “item cannot be upgraded” appears in red across the screen.

I have checked with other players in the zone and they are also unable to upgrade any pieces. They said they were able to do it before the patch.

5 Likes

I am also having a issue with this. Tis annoying because i need to complete this quest to eventually get mechagnomes

1 Like

I too am also having this same issue

Same issue.

Same issue here. This patch broke a lot of things :confused:

Same issue here. It’s very frustrating since it makes it impossible to progress in the Nazjatar questline and eventually unlock Mechagon.

Yup bugged trying to unlock flying need the last two factions for rep and can’t upgrade the benthic gear.

Don’t need the rep anymore, but you do need the pathfinder achieve. I’m stuck too :frowning:

Same here, trying to get flying

Still need rep with Rustbolt Resistance and Unshackled for horde :sob: on path Finder 2

I was able to upgrade benthic gauntlets received from Jaina Proudmoore on my main. However, alt has been having issues. For whatever reason I cannot complete “Create Your Own Strength.”