Cannot open The Nighthold Portcullis

I’ve only managed to successfully open this portcullis once - this was yesterday, and after taking forever to clear trash mobs, I decided to exit and reset the instance to a lower difficulty since I’m only doing it for the Direbeak Hatchling quest. I have since been unable to open this bloody portcullis. I’ve tried disabling addons, re-logging, clicking all over the gate (since this old unanswered issue suggests you may need to clock higher up: Nighthold Portcullis Won't Open - World of Warcraft Forums) Nothing seems to work. I managed to get in yesterday, so I’ll assume there’s no attunement requirement I’m missing. Is there anything that can be done?

2 Likes

I couldn’t get it open either, but when I used my masquerade buff, it opened. Try putting on your disguise and see if it works.

3 Likes

I ran into this bug today too. I only need 5 more Nightshards before I earn my Balance to Power weapon skin :frowning:

I tried a few times today. I had the disguise on too. Never worked for me.

I’m having trouble with this, also. I can put on my Masquerade and get in, but my friend didn’t quest here and doesn’t have the Masquerade and can’t get in.

Same problem. I’m actually inside now, only because the gate randomly opened for another player and I seized the opportunity. My friend who is going to run it with me is still trapped outside. Clicking anywhere, high or low, with or without the mask on does nothing. She’s a mage, so she’s trying to blink through, but not having luck with it. She was able to blink in once or twice while I was still stuck outside. But we can’t seem to get in together. What is the DEAL with this gate?

Both my friend and I have “Insurrection” completed, and have the quest from Khadgar to kill Gul’dan. We are on normal 10 and have converted to raid…soooo, I don’t understand what the problem is.

I don’t understand why they just can’t program the gate up, or give Thalyssra the ability to open it for us.

i ended up sitting for five/ten and eventually tabbed out to come here. came back and the gate was open. still… bugged and needs a look at

Can’t open these as well. What do?

Edit: dunno if it is but relogging helped.

Just tried to run mythic Nighthold, portcullis would not open.

As I entered the descent, every guard was flashing yellow. Tried killing them all several times, but they re-spawned in an alerted state.

Tried using the masquerade, and even though none of the guards displayed an all-seeing-eye overhead, every one of them saw through my disguise and knocked the masquerade off me.

Tried logging out against the back wall behind Khadgar, also a no go. Tried this with and without the masquerade.

Tried using feign death in case there was some kind of hidden aggro, but this gave no joy.

Tried leaving the zone completely and returning, still no luck.

Tried again with all add-ons disabled, still no dice.

Tried other Legion raid entrances, no problems, even did a full clear of Emerald Nightmare mythic without a hitch.

I ran Nighthold mythic several times before 10.0 went live without ever having a problem. My first run since 10.0 went live and it’s busted.

Edit: As I was waiting to see if I could “wait it out” and click through, I watched one after another player click and open the portcullis without issue, yet every time I tried, no dice. I finally just ran in when a passing alliance player opened the portcullis and ran the instance.