Cannot install WoW or Battle.net app on Mac OS Catalina

This is an issue that extended from the OS Beta into release. I have been trying to repeatedly install WoW either via the WoW download on your website or through downloading the BattleDOTnet client through your website. No matter which route I go, I receive an installation error and cannot proceed.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed before Catalina’s release? What is going on here?

I had to download the Installer on a different computer and then AirDrop it to my new Catalina install.

I had to download the Installer on a different computer and then AirDrop it to my new Catalina install.

I can’t do this unfortunately, my other computer is my gaming PC. No other Macs in the house.

Hello Blizzard? This is a customer service forum why are you ignoring my post?

1 Like

I’ve seen several posts regarding Catalina (including one of my own) that customer support is ignoring. Really don’t understand why. Pretty basic need in order to play the game.

1 Like

I just zipped my local Battle(dot)net copy and shared it via iCloud Sharing here: bit.ly/31AW5xv

Hopefully this helps you out! :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Arzen,

Thanks so much for uploading this. I was able to download your file, but when I try to open it I receive this message:

“Battlenet” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Any chance you could download the most updated version and put that in your iCloud? Pulling every one of my hairs out trying to solve this problem for the past two hours.

Help!!

:frowning:

It’s really strange. As I mentioned in another one of these threads, I recently did a full wipe + install of Catalina and the bnet installer app straight from the official site (https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop) worked perfectly for me.

What page/URL are you downloading the installer from? I’m suspecting that we’re either downloading it from different pages (with one serving up an outdated client) –or– we’re using the same download link but it’s giving different files to different people.

Here’s a zip file straight from Blizzard (I specifically set Safari to not automatically unzip). That might work around any codesigning/gatekeeper weirdness that results from unzipping → rezipping.

Did you folks check the Security option in Preferences regarding unsigned software?

1 Like

Thanks <3 I can install battle-net

Can someone help me with a valid download link for Battle-net? I just can’t download it from blizzard, it’s failing all the time. :frowning:

Hi guys, I am having the same problem of downloading this, possible if any1 could share the downloaded file (for Mac) again through cloud? Much appreciated

I have been playing WoW on my MacPro with High Sierra and last night I upgraded to Catalina and went back on WoW without problem. BUT I have a worry with the new expansion because AMDFire Pro 500 is not on the compatibility list. My MacPro (late2013) has 2 of them. Will the new expansion work?

The Battle.net mac app download is busted again today. Gets to about 1mb and just aborts with a network error in both Chrome and Safari…

I have the same problem, downloading the Battle.net client fails after around 1MB. Also tried to download from a Windows PC in another country with the same results.

I just paid a subscription and cannot play! Really Blizzard?

It seems to be the AdBlocker active on all machines we tried to download, disable AdBlocker and the client download should be work!

We’re currently looking into the Blizzard Application installation issues resulting in “Failed - Network Error” or incomplete installations. Please refer to this post:

As this is an older thread and we’re currently looking for additional information on the main thread, closing this out.