Cannot get back to War Within starter scenario. (Long post, long story)

When I tell you I have tried everything, I mean it. I started the new “war within” quest. Got to silirhus & then went to dalaran as part of the quest xhain/scenario. I was doing the quest chain & got to the quest where you have to kill the boss (I cannot remember the name. I abandoned it, but more on that later). I died & got rezzed in the sewers (already did that quest too). I tried to run back out & everything is sealed off, except for this door. I open the door & it won’t let me walk through! So I got frustrated & hearted back to stormwind, thinking it be able to easily get back there. I was wrong.

I spoke to multiple people in trade chat & they said there’s a new portal wing in mage tower that will take me back to the starter zone. Well the portal isn’t there. I don’t have access to it. So a mage offered to port me to the new war within city. There’s no way back to the starter zone there either. I abandoned the quests, thinking they’d automatically start again like it previous expansions. Nope.

I wanted to put in a ticket, but it’s been loading forever. In game, mobile & desktop. This is such poor game design. Others on my server are having the same issues. They died during the new scenario & got stuck in the sewer when they rezzed. This is so poorly designed, there needs to be a way to get back & start these quests again.

How do I get back there if none of the above works & if support isn’t loading at all? Thank you.

By the way, when I realized those abandoned quests weren’t automatically being given to me again, I flew back to silithus thinking there’d be a way to take me back to the scenario. No luck there either.

3 Likes

Try a stuck on quest ticket and explain the situation.

1 Like

I cannot get the support site to load. It’s not loading on any of my devices.

I wonder – if you can complete the introductory quest on another character, will it unlock the portal for every character?

1 Like

WoWhead published an article on campaign skips a few days back, I’ll see if I can dig it up.

If I recall, they mentioned the Dalaran intro can be skipped once a character has reached level 80 and completed the leveling campaign.

There’s also a leveling campaign skip, but those details are hazy atm.

Aha, here we go:

1 Like

literally just had this happen to me, got stuck in the sewers, hearth’d out and couldn’t find a way back, so i abandoned the quest, support sites not loading in-game or in a browser. so hooray, i literally don’t know what to do besides be super mad.

1 Like

I got stuck with the same bug but i was able to heroic leap through the door as a warrior.
hopefully others will see this who get this bug and can use this work around.

1 Like

so uh… ever find a way because I can’t.

edit: nm go to Dalaran through the Azsuna portal, the hearthstone doesnt work anymore but that gets you back there

This exact thing happened to me. I put in a ticket, all for Blizzard to tell me “customer support does not provide progress due to bugs”. I have been scouring the internet for a way to be able to progress through the game without having to throw in the towel and boost a new character. There was a comment recently made about going to Dalaran from the Azsuna portal, I will try this next to see if this helps.

UPDATE: Went to Legion Dalaran (Dalaran Hearthstone) and was able to find Khadgar from the portal room and continue the quest. You can also take the Azsuna portal and then take the fp to Dalaran.

Thank you to the person that found this solution, you saved my sanity.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Abandoned the quests and can’t get back.

I’m in Dalaran however and cannot find the original portal, and from YouTube videos it’s not in the spot, it’s runeweaver square instead.

Frustrating. Looking for a solution

Affecting me too. Portal to Dalaran from the Azsuna portal doesn’t help.

I am Having same issue as well. Cant progress and support is useless…sigh/

1 Like

There is a portal . turn left before main portal room and go down the Pathfindert stairs. Not sure on ALLY Sry. Tried to link Youtube viseo but iot wouldn’t allow it

Can you provide the title of the video? I’m not having any luck while searching for it. Thanks :slight_smile:

I finally figured it out. If you go to the center of Dalaran there’s a portal to the room with Khadgar. You can talk to him and he’ll teleport you to (other) Dalaran where you can turn in the quest and continue.

1 Like

I got killed, rezzed in sewer…all access blocked…I confirm, hearth, then dalaran hearth stone, go to portrait room, talk to Khadgar, took me an hour to figure this out…skipped next video, cause couldn’t stand seeing him die again and Dal implode…hope this helps someone else

1 Like

Im in the center of dalaran…its just a 4 way intersection with no portals. Just a giant fountain. Only portal anywhere close is the crystal that takes you down to the forest, org portal, and raids. Am i at the wrong dalaran instance?

The same thing happened to me just now. I can’t get back. I’m not sure what I can do to get back wth is going on. Wow has been messed up before but this is ridiculous.

This is the wrong Dalaran, you’ll need the Legion Dalaran. You can use your Dalaran Hearthstone (if not in your bags, you can find it in your toy box). This Dalaran will have the center portal room you’ll need to locate and talk to Khadgar. I just did this and was able to proceed and complete the quest.

1 Like

Found a quick easy solution.

• Hearth to Stormwind
  • Hearth to Dalaran
  • Go upstairs via the center portal
  • Talk to Dalaran
  • He will port you downstairs, outside the door
  • Talk to Dalaran outside, get the portal to the starting zone of War Within.