Cannot continue quest 72940, Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon

I took a break while doing this quest (72940). Upon returning to Azure Span the next day, I was unable to continue, so I abandoned the quest to reset it. Now I can not obtain the quest again. Below is my interaction with Support:

Daniel
Was progressing on the Chapter 7 questline in “The Azure Span” where you click on the Dragon Locator and go to different places, complete a few quests, then port back to the Azure Archives. I completed part of that process/quest but did not finish. When I came back the next day, there was no portal nor could I click on the Dragon Locator. I decided to abandon the quest to reset it and try again. Now, there is no quest and no way to proceed. If I pull up the map, there is a quest marker that indicates “Quest Available; Winterspring.” I cannot find the parent quest on Wowhead to help me know what might have been the start, but I know it was next to the Dragon Locator and there are no quests being offered. I reset my WTF, Cache, and Interface folders. I waited another day after restarts, but still nothing. I’m stuck. Quest 72656 indicated false when I run the quest completion check. Pls help.
2 days ago
This ticket has been marked as Answered.
2 days ago
Support
Hello Adventurer!

With our ticket queues being extremely busy, and in the interest of saving you some time, we are sending you this automated reply with some resources that should help resolve the issue.

For quest issues, please follow these steps:

1. Re-log or zone to a different area to resolve potential phasing issues
  2. Abandon and re-take the quest (Note: all current progress will be lost)
  3. Search our support articles for specific mentions of the issue: https://battle.net/support/
  4. Check the comment section of the related quest on our various fansites: https://www.wowhead.com/ and https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/
  5. Use a quest tracker tool: https://www.wowhead.com/quest-completion-tracker
  6. Reset your User Interface and try again without any addons: https://battle.net/support/article/7549
  7. If you believe you have encountered a bug, please report it: https://battle.net/support/article/15043

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.
2 days ago
Daniel
Followed all steps 1-6 above with no help. I doubt this is a bug. I’m hoping you have the tools to help me get back on the Questline.
1 day ago
Risticohe
Hello Daniel,

Game Master Risticohe here!

Firstly, please forgive the automated answer you got, this is just there to weed out easy or spurious tickets during busy periods, so we can get to real tickets like yours sooner. You did the right thing by replying, which should always guarantee a human response.

I understand that you are reaching out to us today regarding an issue with some quests in Azure Span. Having abandoned one, you cannot pick up where you left off.

You don’t mention which quest you are having issues with or the previous quest you did by name, but I can see that it seems you have completed the Azure Span quest chain, there is one set of side quests that spin off the final main story quests, and it looks like you got to the final one of these.

Some players have had issues locating the quest giver after an abandon, you might want to check out if this applies to you as well:

Regarding the Winterspring quest, I actually have the same thing on my character.

This is just a simple breadcrumb quest to take players into the 'Span, and should no longer be available after progressing as far as you have. It displaying would appear to be a mistake, you should report this issue using both the forums and the in game feature. To report possible bugs in game, you would need to:

Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
Click Support.
Click Submit feedback or bug report.
Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
Click Submit.

You can read more about this subject using the link below:

If you need help with anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out to us again.

Kind regards,

• Game Master Risticohe

( `⌂´)=c[]::::> “Ding!” “Grats!” /-( ‘o’ )-ᗜ
1 day ago
22 hours ago
Daniel
Unfortunately, I don’t know the name of the quest. It was part of the Chapter 7 of the Embers of Neltharion Campaign. Chapter 7 was previouosly locked behind killing Scalecommander Sarkareth, but on May 20th it was unlocked, so that anyone sitting at 6/7 progress could continue and complete the Campaign. So, I began the questchain to finish. I was on a quest in that chain, which is located in Azure Span. During this part, we are supposed to travel to different places and complete several quest, then return. Rather that flying all over, portals are provided. There is an object on the ground called a Dragon Locator. When you select the Dragon Locator, you choose one of several places to go and complete that portion of the questline. For example, one that I finished was in Booty Bay. I still had some of these locations to clear when I had to take a break.

I came back the next day, and I could no longer activate the Dragon Locator, and the quest giver had a white quest mark. I’m pretty sure but not positive that Kalecgos was the quest giver. I abandoned the quest so that I could restart, but now I’m stuck.
Here are some of the quests and status:
A Pair of Blue Dragons. False
Lost Blue Dragons. False
The Last Missing Blue Dragon. False
The Search for Blue Dragons. False
Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon?. False. I think this is the quest I was on, Quest number 72940 but I’m not sure. Kalecgos is the quest giver for this, but he does not now offer me a quest. Sindragosa was part of this chain, and she does not either. Also present are Stellagosa and Senegos. The Dragon Locator is one the ground in between them and I cannot interact with it.
Other quests that were completed:
Warm Winds and Water. 72650 true
Azuregos’s Support. 72936 true.

Other Kalecgos quests from 10.1 and status;
Forget Her Not. False
Love Unending. False
Regrets in Crystal. False

The “United Again” questline has not been done. I checked each of the following quests, and none are completed:
Reunited Again 75244, Veiled Trouble, Veiled Ossuary Chaos, Memories of Old, What Still Remains, Swiftly to the Archives, The Last Conflict.
22 hours ago
Daniel
Although these quests are in The Azure Span, they and listed on Wowhead under Valdrakken Accord.
2 hours ago
Naesearred
Hello there Daniel,

This is Game Master Naesearred from Blizzard Entertainment reporting for duty! I appreciate your patience while waiting for a reply! I hope that this message reaches you in great spirits.

I understand that you are unable to complete the final chapter of the campaign questline in the Azure Span. I can provide more insight on this matter.

After having researched your situation, there are no current reports about this questline not being completable. We hope you understand,
From what I could see on our records. the quest that should be the next one on the quest chain would be this - Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon?

If the issue persists, we ask that you kindly submit a bug report so that our tech team can investigate this case further with you.
Bugs submitted in-game do not receive a personal response. Instead, they’ll be directed to the teams responsible for addressing them.
To report a bug in-game:

• Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
  • Click Support.
  • Click Submit bug report.
  • Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  • Click Submit.

Otherwise, it can also be submitted through the World of Warcraft forums in the link below:

Thank you for shedding light into this situation, we appreciate you for reaching out to us so that this matter can resolved swiftly.
I know this is a different answer than the one you were hoping to receive, however this is the only one that Blizzard Customer Support can provide to cases as the one you so kindly described to us.

We hope you continue to have a great time questing in the lands of Azeroth! =)
We are grateful that you took your time to petition in!
If any other questions arise, feel free to contact us through our support channels.

Have a wonderful day and take care.
Game Master Naesearred ʕ •ᴥ• ʔづ
Blizzard Entertainment
2 hours ago

1 Like

Can confirm this bug still exists.

The quest is ‘The Last Missing Blue Dragon’ where its prompting users to Select an Area to Investigate. There is no longer a world to interact with, which means you cant complete and therefore finish the questline.

Is it possible to just have this marked as done so I can proceed?

I’m also stuck on this quest line - open the world to select the area and there is nothing there :frowning:

1 Like

Do you remember which locations you went to already and completed? You said you went to the booty bay one. There are four others, Jade Forest, Theramore, Winterspring and Crystalsong Forest. Maybe you went to one and didnt complete it? If that is the case, and you abondoned a quest from one of those areas, the quest giver would be in those locations. Try going to whichever one you may gave been at and see if you can pick up from there.

If you dont remember the exact locations, you can find them on wowhead, just search -
Chapter 2A - Crystalsong Forest
Chapter 2B - Theramore
Chapter 3A - Booty Bay
Chapter 3B - Jade Forest
Chapter 3C - Winterspring

1 Like

Jade Forest and Booty Bay. I finished Booty Bay and ported back to Azure Span, then used my heartstone.

I now have additional information with this issue:

Here is the questline and my status is indicated for The Veiled Ossuary Storyline #1398

1. Keeper of the Ossuary 72900 true
  2. On the Trail Again 72921 true
  3. Rolling Out 72933 true
  4. Lest We Forget 72934 true
  5. Sindragosa and Malygos’s Rest 73069 true
  6. Memories of Sindragosa and Malygos 75023 true
  7. Archives Return 72935 true
  8. Azuregos’s Support 72936 true
  9. Unusual Disruptions 72937 true
  10. Archival Arrival 72938 true
  11. Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon 72940 false

This is where things get confusing. Perhaps the information on Wowhead is wrong and adding to the confusion. Perhaps, these are the quests selected in any order by clicking on the Dragon Locator npc 199991. At any rate one or more of these quests send you to the quests listed further down. In my case I completed 3 of the locations as I have indicated below. I need to complete Winterspring (which is showing on my map as available) and Crystalsong Forest.

a. A Pair of Blue Dragons 73405 false
b. Lost Blue Dragons 73404 false
c. The Last Missing Blue Dragon 73406 false
d. The Search for Blue Dragons 73399 false
e. Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon 72940 false

I cannot explain the above, but “Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon” seems to be one of the objectives of Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon as indicated on Wowhead.

However, this is the point in the questline that I am now stuck. I started these quests and took a break. When I came back the next day I could not interact with the Dragon Locator and there was no portal. Kalecgos had a white question mark. I may have selected which ever quest takes you to Winterspring the previous day but then again maybe not. I abandoned the quest to reset it. This did not help. None of the NPCs offer a quest.

When I open my map, the map shows a campaign quest marker at the location of the Dragon Locator. When I mouse over this, it indicates “Winterspring Available Quest.” I traveled via Mount Hyjal to Winterspring and did not discover any quests available there either.

The actual areas we go to seem to also be part of this Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon.
a. Winterspring 72656 false
b. Theramore 72939 true
c. Jade Forest 73227 true
d. Booty Bay 73026 true
e. Crystalsong Forest 73091 false

my best guess is you had a quest from one of those 5 locations, probably the final quest that required you to return through the portal to Kalecgos. If you are sure Winterspring is the last one you went to but didnt complete, go there again and see if the npc there has a quest for you. Check Haleh or Sindragosa around 47, 60 in winterspring. Also check the hot springs in winterspring around 32, 49. That is where the final quest in that area is.

ok, I looked through your completed quests on wowheads quest tracker. Looks like you didnt do the last quest in the theramore one, “A Moment of Reflection”. So go to theramore and speak to Surigosa to pick up from there.

Is this a confirmed bug? Been waiting over a week with no response

I am having the same bug and they have yet to fix it even after this reset.

what is your character name and server?

im having the same issue. Pcsoffspring-Tich. i cant find where im stuck at. i tried typing in all the codes for quests to see what ive completed, but the only one i can find is

and also none of

I have this same issue, cannot move on. Kalecgos and Orb are no longer accessible. Any help would be appreciated:

1. Keeper of the Ossuary 72900 true

2. On the Trail Again 72921 true

3. Rolling Out 72933 true

4. Lest We Forget 72934 true

5. Sindragosa and Malygos’s Rest 73069 true

6. Memories of Sindragosa and Malygos 75023 true

7. Archives Return 72935 true

8. Azuregos’s Support 72936 true

9. Unusual Disruptions 72937 true

10. Archival Arrival 72938 true

11. Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon 72940 false

12. The Search for Blue Dragons 73399 false

13. Lost Blue Dragons 73404 false

14. A Pair of Blue Dragons 73405 false

15. The Last Missing Blue Dragon 73406 false

16. Winterspring 72656 true

17. Theramore 72939 true

18. Jade Forest 73227 true

19. Booty Bay 73026 true

20. Crystalsong Forest 73091 True

1 Like

Same issue as Priamus.
GM told me to go to Kalecgos in Azure Span and the quest tracker shows 8 quests there none that are there for me in game.
The quests I can’t see on him

1. A Pair of Blue Dragons
    2: Forget Her Not
    3: Lost Blue Dragons
    4: Love Unending
    5: Tarecgosa’s Rest
    6: The Last Missing Blue Dragon
    7: The Search for Blue Dragons
    8: Where in the World is a Lost Blue Dragon?

Can anyone big brain this?
Memewhile-Frostmourne

From GM:

"My name is Saryndie and I will be looking into your case today. I appreciate your patience with us, we are finally getting them back under control after recent events and releases!

I had a read of your conversation with us so far regarding your trouble completing the Dragonflight Campaign, and I had another look into this for you straight away!

Yes, the issue persists, that is why my colleague escalated your case to have it looked in to in more details. We tried everything we could from here, so we had to pass your case up the chain.

At this point we can only wait for a reply, same as you. We will be in contact, either here or by email, as soon as we have an update on the situation.

In the meantime I’m sorry for the trouble caused by this! Thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter."

I have the same problem, have four of the quests and need to choose an area to investigate and no map to choose any areas. Have abandoned and retaken several times and left and come back many different days. Can’t believe I pay money to a small indie company to waste my time.

1 Like

this is frustrating. I’ve submitted 2 bug reports and watched the forums for anyone with a solve over several weeks to no avail. I figured that maybe this bug would be corrected with the new patch and the FIRST thing I did when I logged on was check -and of course I was disappointed.

Still bugged as of 7/12. The quest log reads “continue the campaign by accepting the quest “Winterspring” in The Azure Span.” I can see Kalec and Sindragosa there, but they won’t give the quest and I cannot interact with the orb.

I’ve done the Booty Bay and Theramore quests. Per the suggestion above, I tried to go back to Theramore to see if there was a portal I missed or something, but I cannot access the destroyed version of Theramore (talking to Zidormi just reloads the non-destroyed version). I thought that maybe completing the old Pandaria Scenario again would allow me to access the destroyed Theramore, but that scenario is bugged as well and cannot be completed.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue as you do, Priamus. Everything true except for those 5 quests. I’m maxed out with everyone, even the furbolg there in the Azure Span. I’ve done every blue dragonflight quest I can find and then some.

I sent in a trouble ticket and the response was there were two quests I hadn’t completed. The first was Vault of the Incarnates: Fury of the Storm Eater, where you have to kill Raszageth, and the second was the followup quest after that, Together We Are Unstoppable. I did those, no help.

The next response said “we can safely confirm that the 10th chapter is yet to be released”. This was on July 7. I really hoped that the Tuesday patch this week was the clincher but nope, nothing. Kalecgos still has nothing for me and there don’t seem to be any other quests available.

1 Like

This fixed everything for me. I checked each of the quests in the ossuary quest line you posted and quickly found where I was stuck.

SO massive thanks for this. You solved a problem that I’ve not been able to solve otherwise.