Cannot click on character/item links in chat window

Clicking on item links or character names in the chat window no longer opens interaction menu or item tooltip (it used to but it stopped the other day). I have disabled all addons and it still doesn’t work, yet interestingly it works fine on another character. I have also tried deleting the cache folder but the issue persists.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

RIght click the chat tab and make sure “Make Interactive” is checked. If it already is, toggle it off then on again.

65 Likes

You are amazing. I didn’t even know there were settings there, much less have any idea how the setting was changed.

Thank you!

1 Like

wow thanks mate!

thank you soo much <3

Thanks mate! :smiley:

Almost 2 years later and you still rock!!! TYVM!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Started a new toon and had this issue, googled it and found this…seems to have helped a few over time. Didnt even know I had to do this, and im a vanilla baby!

EDIT to add: Just realized this is the Classic forums…Im on retail, helpful none the less

November 2022 in prepatch for 10.0 and here to say THANK YOU!

Oh nice, thanks for the help.

can you believe that we need threads like this to fix things, idk why turning it off is even possible. THX anyhow

Thank you so much!!!

Thanks mate

I was having this problem today and happened to find your answer here - thank you!!