Cannot claim Daisy pet per today's email

Hi team, I got an email today saying the second donation goal has now been reached for the Warcraft pets and that Daisy now is ready to claim. However, the link points to Bananas, not Daisy and the donation website says there’s still 60k to go. Also, it says ‘claim him’ so either it’s a typo/cut’n’paste job, fake email or I shouldn’t assume Daisy is a female. It seems others in the forums also received this email today. Could you please confirm whether the email was indeed from Blizzard, whether the goal is reached and if so, how to claim the second pet?

PS I assumed this is the right place to post this as the shop is on the website. Cheers.

Blizzard reps typically will not reply on a bug report. Can you see the actual email it came from? Like in Gmail if you click the down arrow next to “to me” near the header it will show the actual email sent from and you can tell if it’s an official Blizzard email or not. If the donation hasn’t been fulfilled yet, I doubt it is official. You can forward the email to hacks@blizzard.com so that they are aware of the impersonators. Here is an official post by Blizzard about how to identify proper emails.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/269000

1 Like

The fund drive hasn’t unlocked Daisy yet. Still about 55k to go at this moment.

That could be a phishing email. If you clicked any links and volunteered any private data (such as logging into a website which may have been fake), take measures to secure whatever you leaked.

1 Like

Thanks. Looking at it closely it looks to be from Blizzard. Also, my Blizzard account email is only ever used for Blizzard emails and not used anywhere else so it’s highly unlikely to be fake. I have had no other emails including spam emails to this account in over 10 years. I will submit it just in case, cheers.

You are right! It looks like this was from Blizzard, but sent in error to some people. It’s still best to be cautious these days.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, Marwenna :slight_smile: I’ll now wait patiently for some additional donators to cross the line!

1 Like