Cancelling Some Streaming Services

Among them is one that just can’t stand being ignored, so be careful if you cancel the one that starts with an “N”.

We did and a week later, we got a reminder telling us they tried to charge our card, but it wouldn’t go through! . “How would you like to extend for free?”, they asked.

I felt lucky, clicked the link and it asked me (answer yes or no) if I were a subscriber? Yes. (not anymore though). “Would you like a year’s free trial?” “Yes - sure, if it’s free.” - did I really think it was “free”? Ja, afraid I did think that, and that will prove how easily some of us senior citizens can be suckered in.

There was one more field. “How often do you watch movies?” All week.

Next field to show is the credit card field. “Huh? What happened to a year free, boys?”, I muttered to myself. I mutter a lot these days. It’s an age thing. Some of you won’t understand. Mutter and shuffle (indoors).

So then I surprised myself and checked… TERMS AND CONDITIONS

There it was - they were going to charge me $148. and change after that year? I think I’ll pass. If I had not been that vigilant, I’m afraid I’d be sleeping in my front yard tonight. (Once She found out about it, I mean).

If the number of credit card offers we get in our mail each week are any sign, they’re hungry out there. Be careful, my friends!

3 Likes

Netflix has been on my last nerve for a while now and I’m glad I canceled their service.

I really got into Black Summer, Archive 81 and the Dark Crystal (favorite of mine as a kid) but they dropped all three like a bad habit. I was going to watch Mind Hunter and Santa Clarita Diet on the advice of a friend but luckily I dodged that bullet.

Sick and tired of them canceling great shows. They probably do it so they can afford another season of Stranger Things.

1 Like

Agreed, especially when reviews and engagement is positive.

Netflix is gonna be another Blockbuster.

2 Likes