Canceled sub. Goodbye until multiboxing is back with full glory

Take care, guys! Dragonflight isnt enough to make up for how bad retail is, and I’m not interested in Wrath without multiboxing. Gave it a chance, not for me.

Hope I get to come back soon

20 Likes

Nobody is going to miss a multiboxer.

323 Likes

I would gladly take multiboxing over this bot problem

33 Likes

82 Likes

thanks multiboxer. you make the game better by leaving.

170 Likes

What kind of loser multi box on wow?

110 Likes

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

51 Likes

Can I have your gold?

51 Likes

Normally I try to be empathetic towards those leaving the game, but nah, multiboxers actively made the game worse in general.

Sure you may not have abused it and stomped in pvp, or basically solo’d raid content, or mass farmed raw materials, but the system you used allowed one to do so. I will never not be happy at the fact that boxing is dead, and if boxers leave because of it, then oh well.

116 Likes

No he was one of those that “stomped in pvp”. You can see his other threads where he speaks about it and advertised his stream of doing so.

40 Likes

Spreading lies isn’t tolerated here. GM? Where is one when you need one?

Now the facts:

1. When there were no restrictions on multiboxers the game had more players/subscriptions than at any time in the games history.
  2. When Input Broadcasting Software was no longer allowed after 16 years on Nov 3, 2020, after a few months later, WoW was no longer the #1 played MMO. That title went to FFXIV which contrary to your false information ALLOWS MULTIBOXING WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS!
  3. People that don’t like multiboxers don’t like them because they are competition to the players that run around by themselves that usually don’t interact with other players. So the anti-boxers spread false information such as what you just did in an effort to convince people to ban multiboxers. The end result is that the gaming company loses business and the player base is reduced depending on what was restricted. For example when the /follow command was removed from battlegrounds, 300,000 subs were gone in that quarter.

The list can continue on but it would amount to a huge wall of examples contrary to what you’ve stated without any data or examples to back up your false information.

11 Likes

I play some FF14 on the side. I recommend it. Solid enough MMO.

Déjà vu…

2 Likes

What he said had no lies in it most of it was his views which is impossible to be lies as there his.

1. the reaon the game had more subs at that time had nothing to do with multiboxing.

2. Also had little to do with multiboxing, that is a common thing that blizzard themselves have even addressed directly. Wow and mmos in general have cyclic playerbases that have highs and lows after content drops you get a high and the longer with no content you get larger lows. The time your speaking of is ffxivs high and wows low thats normal.

Blizzard has openly stated multiboxers only made up a vary small subset of the player base.

1. Blizzard has openly stated multiboxers only made up a vary small subset of the player base. As such them annoying players is vary likly to annoy a larger subset than the multiboxers themselves. This is the vary reason blizzard can justify removing them as by there data the call makes sense otherwise they would not of.

The gaming company dose not lose business or they would not do so its rather basic marketing.

You keep trying to claim x happing results in x. That is vastly bias. Many other things happen in that time to cause that result mostly due to lack of content as such leading to once again the cyclic nature of mmos.

Fact is wow is doing quite well on subs esp in classic to the point blizzards expected player amount was lower than what came, why the servers couldn’t handle them on launch and for awhile after.

25 Likes

I even tried to give the benefit of the doubt. Guess not.

NOW THE FACTS:

1. EVERYONE WHO HAS PLAYED WOW HAS ALSO AT ONE POINT CONSUMED FOOD. THIS CORRELATES TO OBESITY PROBLEMS. MORE FOOD ATE, THE BIGGER THE PROBLEM.

Yeah man anyone can make simple cause/effect analogies while ignoring all context and nuance. Surely wow isn’t player saturated and been on a sub decline for years prior to November 3rd, 2020. It was when Blizzard made the game better for 99% of the playerbase was when it just toppled.

Shut up nerd.

No I just remember an 80 box multiboxer from Darkspear server hopping to Emerald Dream and crashing the zone via fireworks, trains, and other toys, as he couldn’t beat us in wpvp as we understood the simple concept of “grip his toons away from each other and he can’t kill us nearly as fast as we can kill him then.”, and so he internally ddos’d the zone.

Multiboxers are scum, cope and seethe more that no one likes you.

Shoo.

56 Likes

Those two facts do not correlate with each other. That’s called “a coincidence.”

Again… no correlation between those facts. Also, FFXIV will likely have the same issues with multiboxers in the future, where they start abusing the system and need to be tamped down, just like in WoW.

I don’t have any problems with multiboxing. In fact, I used to be an advocate for them.

However, there was increasing abuse of multiboxing, which is what led to the eventual ban.

In short, multiboxers did it to themselves by seeing how far they could push it. They pushed it too far and got slapped back HARD.

Again, I’m not an “anti-boxer”. Within limits, it’s not an issue. Leading into BfA and all through it, it became a HUGE issue, and then it bled over into Classic when that launched. You abused it, and now you’re paying for it.

It cannot be brought back now, because the lightning is out of the bottle and people will just start abusing the heck out of it again.

For a third time… causation =/= correlation.

Of you claiming two things that have nothing to do with each other actually do. We know. You did it three times in a single post and we can only expect you to do it again.

That’s causation WITH correlation, BTW.

18 Likes

I always found this extremely funny considering 0.1% of the population multiboxes in any impactful way yet 50% of the subscriptions in Classic are bots. But yeah lets spend a ton of energy crying about a population of people you never see.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s kinda hard to miss that.
It wasn’t an isolated incident either.

10 Likes

Worth noting that 80 boxing isn’t against TOS even as I type this.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter how many or how few.
You attempted to make a point that complaints about multiboxing were crying about people they never see.

Incorrect. The individual boxing was upset they were beaten in world pvp so they crashed the zone affecting more than just those involved in the immediate battle. It’s not the amount of characters but their disruption of the entire zone due to their tantrum. Players acting out like that were abusing the situation to cause service instability. Blizzard stepped in.

Don’t be mad that people complained.
Take it to those boxers that went overboard and forced Blizzard to clap back.

13 Likes

Lol. Imagine comine to the forums to announce your sub cancellation over multiboxing. An extremely toxic way to play that borderlines botting by using external software to replicate inputs across multiple applications.

Who cares about a multiboxer? Couldn’t make friends in the game so you have to create your own “friends” to play with? Except they’re all you lmao.

31 Likes