Cancel culture

I’d say it’s easier to apologize, if he’s not guilty, than explain why you openly endorsed him for months or years, if he’s guilty. Better safe than sorry.

Murder is illegal, my dude. Just as illegal as sexual assault.

2 Likes

Evidence from whom? The authorities? People often demand business act quickly before they can even gather relevant information to make an informed decision. That’s the fundamental problem with “cancel culture”. Its a gut reaction rather than a sensible one.

12 Likes

What about the off chance that no one was actually raped though? Is it really insane to consider that people can just make crap up because they are salty at someone for whatever reason?

As for the idea of justice, I realize that it is an abstract concept that is hard to define, but I believe that justice should exist to protect the innocent first, punish the guilty second.

8 Likes

If you haven’t seen the evidence, then you need to look into this before you speak further. There are at least a dozen pictures, videos, clips, etc.

3 Likes

Precisely. Theres not morals in it. Just what saves the most money at the end of the day.

1 Like

The pendulum has swung. It happens. Usually because it spent too much time swung the other way.

1 Like

I am not talking about this scenario but in general terms.

There’s nothing sensible about keeping someone who is even remotely close to this kind of drama. Whether it’s true or false. It’s still the smartest business decision.

Yep. Basically it!

2%.

In this case, yes. Josh has had several accusations from separate underage girls who do not know eachother. One has a rape story with two videos to corroborate her story.

It is up to an individual whether they continue supporting someone after seeing the evidence. There is nothing illegal there. It’s personal action.

1 Like

It is a modern form of frontier justice.

The problem with institutionalized justice is that it is slow and inefficient, but that is because it is concerned (or should be concerned) with pesky things like ‘facts’ and ‘rights’.

Frontier justice is quick and provides an impatient mob with the catharsis they crave. But the problem with frontier justice is that it is wrong as often as it is right.

15 Likes

Also, what I find interesting, is the moderators have lost all control of the forums. Or they just dont care anymore.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

I wonder if sports are going to be happening this fall.

2 Likes

If they start deleting threads about the current controversies, people will assume they’re trying to bury the truth, somethingsomething tyranny, etc. You know, usual internet stuff. This might be one of those times that it’s best for people to let it all out and then they can clean up the mess later.

2 Likes

twitlonger or “because i said so” is not an evidence lol.

8 Likes

I hope so. People need it.

1 Like

Pictures, videos, clips, and 5-6 unrelated accusations from underage girls are very good evidence.

2 Likes

This is SUPER Radioactive right now. I am SURE there’s a memo at Blizzard HQ that says: DO NOT TOUCH.

It’s the smart move. Blizzard is already historically HORRIBLE, and LATE when it comes to responding to these things. They genuinely need to stay in stealth mode for now.

What if a member or two went out and committed suicide because of your harrassment of the guild. Would that satisfy you?