Canadian subscription

Price increases and taxes are two separate, almost entirely unrelated phenomena. What Blizzard charges is independent of any tax that might be levied. Blizzard doesn’t benefit from any tax collected, as they are collecting it on behalf of the taxing authority.

1 Like

We’re talking about a new tax and why the sub fee for Canadian is more now - not the price of the sub itself.

What i replied to from Oatmeal gave me the impression that they were speculating that IF the price difference between sub and block fee, and not due to the VAT tax which is apparently not going into affect until July.

I had gotten the impression that speculation had pulled out the discussion of tax

Due to that.

I honestly can’t stand this raise in price. I cannot afford to pay just under $50 a month for my fiance and I to play… Especially in covid times :confused: I don’t have the time to play enough to grind to pay for my sub with in game currency either…

Just note that the price increase is only for if you pay with a block of game time from the Blizz shop. If you have a monthly subscription, you still pay the discounted rate.

Only the non-subscription model faced a price increase.

The month-by-month subscription is still $18.99CAD. If you go up to the 6-month sub, it works out to $16.34 per month CAD, so only $32.68 for your two accounts which is a good discount from $50.

4 Likes

Just conjecture, but… the same reason that a single issue of a magazine costs five bucks, but twelve issues of that magazine via subscription brings the individual issue price down to a buck-sixty-seven?

The subscription looks sweeter on the books, clearly.

While I won’t argue that about subscriptions, Canadians actually pay more after the currency exchange than normal. We pay an additional $2 per month more (which I’ve not yet seen explained as it’s $2 more than the exchange rate comparatively) unless we use a subscription. So a 1-month sub for a Canadian is $18.99, but a 1-month block of game time is $21.99.

Where as, a 1-month sub $14.99 in USD is the same as a 1-month block of time $14.99 USD.

Note: Current exchange rate as of posting this would make $14.99 USD = $18.91 Canadian

1 Like

I still prefer using game cards from wallmart and eb games 30 something bucks.

1 Like

Will Blizzard drop their price for bacon???

Short answer: No.

No one on the CS forum determines the price of anything. And they ain’t in contact with marking who does.

3 Likes