Canadian Dollar (CAD) Price Change for World of Warcraft Game Time (Excludes Subscriptions)

Fixed that… still sucks for people that don’t have/want to link their PayPal/bank/credit card to buy a recurring sub and prefer to get prepaid game-time instead.

1 Like

Think that means the prepaid WoW time cards are unaffected as well? I’ve seen that they’re still the same price they usually are, but I don’t know if they’re changing that soon and store stock just hasn’t changed yet.

Prepaid WoW time cards are “game time,” which is what is specifically being targeted for a price hike in the original post by Blizzard. The title now even says “(Excludes Subscriptions)”. If it’s any sort of game time that is NOT based on a recurring charge (i.e., a sub), then you pay more starting yesterday (16-Dec). If you’re on a sub, there’s no change for you.

P.S. If it’s a card you buy in a store (like GameStop or BestBuy) then you might be right that they have an inventory stock at the old price, but when they renew their stock, I’m positive it will cost more per this announcement. If you can’t do a recurring sub, then stock up on store cards I guess?

1 Like

It was previously redeeming for much less if you added it as a balance to your account

I’m glad I get to play with wow tokens because there is no way I’d ever pay money for this game again other than to buy a collector’s edition expansion so I can have the whole set… which really i don’t want to… but I gotta complete the collection. The last couple collector’s editions have been awful.

yEADH, 18.99

Now it’s changed to 21.99

Don’t worry, Americans will get their turn soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m guessing the US will be getting a price increase soon too.

Australia had their sub cost increased too.

There is no confusion, ur price gouging us.

5 Likes

Lmfao do none of yall understand how taxes work?

2 Likes

Done already, thanks.

Clearly those complaining don’t understand how the dollar conversion works.
Atm, the CAN dollar is 30%-40% MORE than the USD dollar on any purchase from the USA.
Blizzard actually losses money at the current price because of that.
Previously cards in Canada were $30 for 60 days for YEARS and that was a wicked deal.
You can be upset at this but it makes perfect sense. Blame the dollar and our sh*t PM, Blizzard is just doing what any corporation does-make profit.

1 Like

I got a couple at walmart since our ebg refused to open up basically all year. If we still have a country by May or so when my game time runs out, I’ll see about buying more.

It’s greed pure and simple.

4 Likes

What is the difference between “Game Time” and “Subscription”? The prices are quoted differently when I click both.

EDIT: So I found out “Game Time” and “Subscription” are two (2) separate options. Nothing has changed on my end.

Well the guys with the funny hats rubbing their hands together watching money Rolling in don’t care. They make enough money from their Asian markets the North America market is irrelevant so they might as well tax the people that are left.

2 Likes

@bornakk I’m a little confused by one thing: How does this affect the price of retail game time codes (60 day game time) sold at stores? Will that price be going up too?

Game time cards sold in stores are not a recurring subscription, so it will be going up.

@Forums indicated he had stocked up on existing inventory of game cards at the old price. As stores restock their inventory they will have to purchase them at the new price and pass that increase on to customers.

Global pandemic with many out of work with uncertain future and this somehow seemed fitting?

9 Likes

seems like this game goes out of its way to lose subs, why increase your friends up north sub fees, i would have not said anything if it was global.

2 Likes