Canadian Dollar (CAD) Price Change for World of Warcraft Game Time (Excludes Subscriptions)

You won’t have to worry about us Canadian players much longer don’t worry :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

30 Likes

Tax I imagine

1 Like

so you people failed in making another expansion
and asking for more money out of people.
lame blizzard strikes again - make your game better first?

7 Likes

You trying to cash in on our CERB blizzard?

You had so many opportunities to make this game fun and welcoming for those stuck at home during covid and you are catering to rich streamers and elitists.

You are playing yourself, might as well charge yourself a subscription.

7 Likes

As others have pointed out. the exchange rate doesn’t add up. You leave the yankee price the same for 16 years but up everyone else. SL was an okay expansion but not nearly good enough for 22 bucks a month.

11 Likes

Blown away by this. As someone who has played since vanilla, it is disappointing to see the disrespect you have for your Canadian customers. As someone who has purchased 6 months at a time, and due for renewal on Jan 2nd, it looks like I am selling gold now or I am unsubscribing. Time will tell…

5 Likes

I’d be less bothered by this if you didn’t already have a cash shop full of mounts, pets, toys and cosmetic items on top of the already existing sub/game time price as well as charging people every 2 years with a expansion that has versions that can go up to above $100. There clearly isn’t a shortage of money coming in.

There’s no clear reason stated for this change and its not industry standard as far as I know so why?

13 Likes

Already cancelled both subs. Scum.

14 Likes

The way the US economy is, shouldn’t you be jacking up the US game time to like 40 bucks a month?

Also inc layoffs, Bobby needs a raise

7 Likes

This change is good until they increase the cost of WOW tokens or actual sub costs. All it currently does is penalize savers, but it’s a boon for buyers.

The key this:

Please note that currently, the CAD pricing to purchase WoW subscriptions and WoW Tokens will be unaffected by this price change.

So people who play WOW get more stuff from other Blizz products.

3 Likes

This is so entertaining.

Watching grown people complain about $3 extra charge a month.
That can be avoided by setting up a subscription.

:skull:

3 Likes

I cancelled my sub

11 Likes

Over the past 6 months, the exchange rate hit a high in July at $1.35 / $0.74 conversion rates. $14.99 USD = $20.24 CAN at it’s highest. That is $1.75 over per account per month.

They should be taking the average over the year, not the highest +screw you tax.

3 Likes

Um Bliz, why are we paying more for a sub than the Americans? I’m not perfectly sure about this, but I know not of any company expenditures in Canada? Care to explain maybe?

5 Likes

Then you obviously aren’t reading what people are saying. They aren’t complaining about the $3 they are complaining about it not lining up with the actual currency conversion excuse that they are making to hit Canadians with extra fees arbitrarily.

16 Likes

How is it an extra $3 per month? If you’re paying subscription, you’re not buying gametime. If you’re buying tokens (with gold) they redeem for more so it remains unchanged.

TLDR: As it currently stands: Blizzard decided to give Canadian players a discount using wow gold on other Blizzard products.

3 Likes

Wish you well and that you find something worth your time and money. Blizz doesn’t deserve it. Not your time especially…

3 Likes

Would be great for people to explain to me how this is “currently” a negative for people using wow tokens. It is a negative for people hoarding battlenet balance through wow tokens.

Exactly. You can simply sub and than cancel the renew ro avoid this if you really don’t want to commit to a sub.

We have the best Gold to Balance Ratio now with the increase.

This is fine for us Canadians tbh.

1 Like

Can you stop assuming we’re too dumb to follow, and perhaps elaborate on what ‘market conditions’ you’re talking about? Is it the increased demand due to winter and COVID lockdowns going into effect? Pretty damn opportunistic of you isn’t it…

11 Likes