Can You Still Earn The Family Familiar Achievement?

So I’ve completed all of the necessary Battlepet Fights in Legion (I even have all of the fights completed against Durian Strongfruit) in order to get the “Family Familiar” achievement with four exceptions (and I actually only need ONE of the four).

I need to battle either Amalia, Bodhi Sunwaver, Sir Galveston or Tiffany Nelson (all four tamers can be found in Legion Dalaran). If any ONE of them showed up (doesn’t matter WHICH one), then I would be able to complete the Family Familiar Achievement and receive my Nightmare Treant Battlepet.

The thing is… I’ve been logging in practically everyday for the past two months and not ONE of them has spawned.

Which is why I’m asking if “Family Familiar” is even doable anymore. Even with really horrible RNG I would THINK that at least ONE of those tamers would spawn at least once in a 60 day period.

And since none of them HAVE spawned in such a long period of time, does that mean that the four of them have been removed from the game all together?

Sir Galveston’s last spawn was the 17th of August, Amalia’s was the 14th of August, Bodhi’s was the 13th of August, then Tiffany and Amalia both spawned on the same day on the 10th of August. I could go further back, but those were the most recent ones our widget is displaying in the Xu-Fu’s Discord. Therefore, it’s certainly still completable. :slight_smile:

The front page of Xu-Fu’s has a widget that will let you know what repeatable Legion tamers are up for that particular day–we have it for leveling purposes.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. I use an addon that displays the different Legion Battlepet Masters that spawn each day. Apparently (or so it would seem) that addon DOESN’T display the Battlepet Masters in Dalaran… which is why I never saw them.

Do the Battlepet Masters spawn in Dalaran within a specific time frame? For instance they all already spawned in Dalaran this month. Is there any specific time frame in which any one of the four will spawn in Dalaran again later on this month or at some point in time next month?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Pretty sure it’s completely random.

I’m almost positive I’ve seen Sir Galveston spawn multiple days in a row before.

2 Likes

Yes, they are completely random. It’s one of the reasons they made all BfA tamers available all the time. The trade-off there was the xp nerf to BfA tamers, whereas the Legion ones still reward fantastic xp, especially on the repeatable Family Familiar fights (minus Durian).

Your best bet is to either log in each day to check, or use a web page that lets you know. If you prefer using wowhead over Xu-Fu’s, they also display what pet battles are up. When you go to the Today in WoW section, click on the Legion option (it should already have your region selected, I believe). Then it will let you know which Family Familiar fights are up for the day right below the Legion emissaries.

Yep its still obtainable I only completed it a couple of months back.

I had long wait periods before the tamers I needed popped up near the end of completing it. So I can understand if your getting anxious about it.

You’ll get it completed before shadowlands launches, I reckon.