Can you heal afflicted?

Seems like people have issues healing afflicted. Since AT/FLS doesn’t heal it what’s the catch? Still refuse to play a build that can easily do that?Or hard pass the week because of stubborness to spec into an equally competitive build that has the tools to do it easy? In the end ,when you soom to heal it, you ll be a soomweaver.

Anecdotal drivel seems like it

• Mr Forum Poster
1 Like

Afflicted is a group affix. Anyone who has a dispell should be using it. If they don’t spec into it they don’t come. I’m not gonna waste time trying to heal it with everything else going on.

10 Likes

Agreed!

Shouldn’t need to heal though it at all unless you are running with really bad players. In a pug 14 awhile ago I actually had to do both, dispel one and heal the other…while it IS doable, and it CAN be done with just spamming vivify 2ish times or dumping Sheilun’s onto the add - it takes too much attention/gcd’s away from meaningful healing and wont be something you can easily do in higher keys with higher rot damage.

It’s much easier to just invite people who can help dispel. Even if one of the dps is helping and the healer gets the other one it makes the affix trivial and removes the need to heal. If you have to heal through it you’re probably running with bad dps or a weird comp for this weeks affixes.

2 Likes

It’s funny seeing some healers choosing this as a hill to die on.

If you don’t heal Afflicted you will be passed over for keys in favour of healers who will. If you find it difficult to heal up Afflicted mobs you will be passed over for keys in favour of healers who don’t.

It’s ironic that you expect the group to do as much as they can to handle mechanics but you aren’t willing to. You saying the Afflicted is a group affix and not your problem is the exact same mentality that others will have that Afflicted is a healer affix and not their problem.

It’s also quite telling to see who thinks Afflicted is challenging to heal or “shouldn’t be healed” and those builds/specs that heal it without even trying lol. It’s almost like FLS/AT Fistweavers lack throughput but heaven forbid anyone actually say so here. It’s much easier to put your hands on your hips and play the blame game I guess.

“My spec/build/play isn’t bad; it’s the group that’s bad!”. It’s become a classic Mistweaver trope at this point.

1 Like

What’s with the vendetta against fistweaving on the monk forums? I honestly don’t understand.

3 out of 6 tanks can dispel and maybe half the dps or more. The odds of getting 1 other person in your group that can create a simple dispel mouseover macro are in your favor. If you’re going to get passed over in a group for that then you probably don’t want to be in that group to begin with.

3 Likes

nothing against fistweaving. amazing build .
a ton against peak mentality and certain people gaslighting other builds equally viable and competitive to the point of obnoxiousness

2 Likes

First, I haven’t played the affix yet so I don’t have experience and fully intend to dispel as many as I can. I never said I wouldn’t help with it, I said I wouldn’t waste heals on it when a dispel is so much quicker and easier.

Second, I won’t be passed up bc I always run my own keys, always.

Third, if dps have the tools to help out with it, why wouldn’t they? It’s one GCD to dispel.

Sounds to me like you misinterpreted what I said and are projecting.

4 Likes

Just invite one person who can dispel afflicted and ask them to get the far one or whatever. 3/6 tanks can do it, 5/7 ranged can do it (can warlock pet dispel?) and 4/9 melee can do it.

It’s even easier than incorporeal because cleanses don’t have a cast time. DPS and tanks figured out how to do that one didn’t they? I guess they care less this week because the penalty isn’t instant death. The only instance where I’ve seen an afflicted cast wipe the group was on first boss of neltharion’s lair 20. Haste debuff went out and none of the adds died so we died.

4 Likes

This!

It’s a group affix meant to incentivize the dispel utility that multiple specs and classes have access to. ( their words ) Deff not a healer only only affix unless someone has been spending too much time in Ragemode meme threads or playing with people who actively ignore affixes and abilities.

Besides good dps are at least dispelling one, if not both, it’s quite amazing to see in pugs. They know it’s a group affix and is easier to not force the healer to waste GCD’s healing one up after dispelling the other, they’re smart enough to not risk us needing to shift attention during a heal check and know 1 gcd isn’t the end of the world dps wise.

Ideally we get one and they get the other asap as they spawn and that has pretty much been the case in pugs. No one but that one paladin who no life’s these forums thinks it’s a healer only affix.

Sounds like it.

I guess Ill have to rage at people in the pugs I do to stop getting the affix add, because some random on the wow forums who barely has any m+ experience this season said it’s not a group affix when blizz clearly designed it with group play in mind and most people agree and are actively picking up the tools to help out :rofl:

4 Likes

Honestly the whole healing them up (rather than dispel) seems like a “forgiveness” mechanic for groups that only have one dispel. To not completely brick your chances of doing the key. Or for fights that force you to dispel mechanics so you cant freely use it.

Otherwise I’m pretty confident that they should always be dispelled. If you are forced to heal them there is a already a problem in group composition.

Side note: I love how this affix is basically the same as Incorporeal one for my group. My healer and I were the only two people with consistent long cc (without large cds) and now we’re the only two people with dispels.

2 Likes

I have a hard time even getting them sometimes because the tank dps already have them dispelled.

1 Like

Just don’t join keys with warrior, WL, dk, dh, Hunter.

It’s way easier without them.

I just did NL with a warrior in the group. Afflicted still wasn’t a problem. Maybe 2 casts got off during some chaotic moments. :person_shrugging:

In guild groups last week, I had a Devastation Evoker and an Enhancement Shaman who were happy to help, but we had to explain the affix and help them find the right spell to cleanse the Afflicted mobs.

Detox has an 8s cooldown, and we often need it for cleaning party members. It’s possible for a healer to handle all of the Afflicted spirits alone, but it’s a significant cost in healer mana and focus. Much easier if the healer deals with one and a hybrid DPS cleanses the other.

2 Likes