Can you get vial of sands while leveling an alt?

Hi all, well I have my level 55 lock that I tried before the expansion to get this recipie on with no luck. I did get pretty good xp though. I’m just not feeling going back to pandara with him to look for this again. I was thinking if I took a level 10 or level 30 alt (at least to have flying) would I be able to get the recipie? At least with an alt I can do some leveling in the process. I also remember there was that trick where you can get all the sites changed to one type by going to a vendor etc (sorry have not done it in a while, forgetting all the names) but do you need to be maxed in anything to do that or rep? Well thanks for any infonor tips.

Since its an archeology thing, I don’t know why you would need a max level or even a level 50 to get it.

Just level your arch skill as you level your character and see what you come up with I guess.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=67538/recipe-vial-of-the-sands#comments

The comment here by Juranda seems to suggest a “quicker” path to finding it. I haven’t tried to farm this recipe at all, so I can’t say whether it works or not.

You may need to be around level 30 - 35 (whatever level Cataclysm zones (Uldum specifically) are set to). I think you also need around 450 to 525 Archaeology skill to get the Tol’vir sites to pop up unless something has changed with the Shadowlands squishing. I don’t recall any item to set old world zones to a specific type. There is one in Pandaria to set the available zones to the Mantid ones.

However, if you complete projects in the newer expansions, you can turn those into crates. You can then use the crates to buy Tol’vir fragments. Otherwise, you just have to complete Kalimdor digsites until you get the ones in Uldum.