Can you change your legendary equip slot when you upgrade or are you stuck with your rank 1 type?

I can’t seem to find any information on this. If I chose wrist over legs as my rank 1 legendary, am I stuck with wrist as I upgrade it?

If that’s not possible and if I’m unhappy with picking wrist, would it be best to just create another rank 1 legendary with the slot I want or fully commit to the wrist legendary and go rank 2? I realize that I would be wasting soul ash here, but it looks like as we climb Torghast that the soul ash earnings for the week will get higher and higher which should negate my mistake.

I would check icy veins and wowhead to see the legendary rankings for your spec. I personally would not upgrade a legendary to rank 2 if there were better ones in reach that I wanted. I would guess you are not able to change the slot of a legendary when you upgrade it but I could be wrong never tried. Check you tube.

I have the same question. Icey Veins doesn’t say explicitly in fact if taken literally their wording makes it seem like you can. Albeit, I doubt it.

No, you cannot change slots when you upgrade. Even if the runecarving power is compatible with the new base item, it won’t use it if it isn’t the same armor slot. If you want to change to a different slot, you have to make a new legendary.