Can we un-simplify stats a bit?

Paladins have a charge that knocks back and an incapacitate.

Priests do have a stun as holy and a stun/in place fear as shadow.

Locks generate soul shard for spenders. Mages generate ice shards and arcane charges.

Ele shaman only use Mana to heal

Hunters now have a heal.

Rogues have a heal

Anyone can solo now with their kits making grouping unneeded in many instances.

Tedium =/= “rpg elements.”

There are plenty of amazing rpgs that do not make their skills needlessly tedious by forcing you to meet arbitrary numbers in order to perform adequately.

No, good rpgs give the player the tools to create a plethora of interesting builds for their characters and the stat / skill / perk / feat / spec systems enable that rather than artificially limit it.

WoW has never been a good rpg.

1 Like

That’s very subjective.

Allow me to rephrase. WoW has always been a very simple rpg by the standards of the time, which is why I’ve described it as rpg-lite on several occasions.

1 Like

Incapacitate that has been there since vanilla??? A knockback tied to a PVP talent???

I specifically stated disc priest as an example of someone WITHOUT a stun. FEAR has been a thing since VANILLA!

Since when have locks not required soulshards in order to use their spells?? Yeah ice shards which are fitting for an ice theme spec and imo is a cool spender for mages. Arcane is a meme spec and the arcane charges are dull.

So every healer since like, vanilla?

Yeah, they have some self sustain. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah man, I just soloed eternal palace yesterday. Can’t wait for reset.

Buzzwords btw.

Locks didn’t use soulshards as their primary damage dump for a long time.

Fear for priests yes but not psychic horror that’s a stun bud

Really saying. Current raid as an extreme take nice try.

World content, 3-5 man content. You use to group up to do that, not anymore. Remove the sustain from certain classes. Hunters and rogues do not need heals.

Ultimately if more stats were implemented, it would worsen the RNG factor of upgrading gear. You’d input your gear into a theorycraft calculator and it would tell you what to grind for, which would take longer because of more variables. And if the RNG was then reduced, the community would just do all the comparative calculations and you’d be chasing static drops like classic.

You’d trade homogenized stats for homogenized gear. And spec/encounter tuning would be a mess.

You can always play classic for that experience.

People act like having a BiS is a bad thing. :roll_eyes:

This system isn’t good. And classic is also a museum that isn’t getting any updates. So nothing there matters.

And neither is having 100 different stats to work with. bis is okay, and the current stats should be enough for that.

I don’t necessarily think BIS is a problem, but unintended BIS from odd content is. People running LFR because they were so desperate for tier is probably one of the big reasons why we don’t have tier anymore. Trinkets and other things with unique stuff on them can accidentally be BIS and not necessarily from high end content.

Certain stats (like arp) can have a similar impact.

Did you think that using a single word would be enough?

Listen. Stats aren’t the issue, taking in mana pool to intelligence like the OP suggested is just adding to this percieved issue (there isn’t one).

The old stats are entitled unnecessary and make the paths to building a character muddy.

How classes play is the issue, and potentially how mastery (of all stats) interacts with and affects class mechanics.

I swear if they touch haste again. It already feels like trekking through clumpy mud with 20% haste along with a more prevalent GCD, and then getting glimpses of freedom when you reach GCD floor and 70+% haste. The game needs to play faster.

Stats in wow lol. Everyone is the same the only difference is the equipment the characters wear. If I take your gear I basically turn into you. We have no real stats or any character growth - it’s ALL gear.

I’m not necessarily sure if we need stat un-simplifying per se, but we certainly need more distinction between items in particular between items from different content types.

Having all gear be almost identical is pretty poor design and doesn’t encourage players to do content they like for those rewards, instead it potentially encourages players to do content they don’t like to gear for content they do (ie needing 2k rating in PvP for rewards to be equivalent/better than WQ rewards)

One of the big things I see with current items from raids in particular (and possibly caused due to the lack of different “sets”) is that there is only one of each item for an armour type from raids.
So if mastery/crit is bad for your character the piece is just horrible and you need to get it from elsewhere.

Previous expansions would have say a mage, warlock, and priest appearance and items had different stat allocations to them so there were 2-3 different bracers with different stats you could choose from etc from the raid alone.
So as a Mage you might take the Warlock appearance shoulders, with priest appearance legs, and Mage appearance gloves so that you get better stat allocation.

Even if it’d be a little unbalanced, I would absolutely love to see more teritary stats, more procs, more interesting effects that change how my class is played…

Tier bonuses, and especially Legiondairies (for all their flaws) did this very well - buffing an ability or an effect to the point where it’d change one’s rotation, or even playstyle entirely. The bracers for fire mage in Legion, while somewhat overtuned, are a good example.

I want more options to tailor my class and spec to my playstyle; being able to get gear pieces that do that would be great. I feel like this is what Azerite gear was meant to do, but ultimately it’s nothing more than a series of +healing/DPS/mitigation passives, save for very few exceptions … which are usually not great picks.

Ummm, except this isnt true?

Virtually every slot has at least 2 drops in the raids and they have different stat combinations.

I could be wrong, or maybe it’s different in EP, but in Uldir and BoD I recall noticing a significant lack of choice for a lot of pieces in those raids. :man_shrugging:

I miss multistrike!

If I could, I would make a UI adjustment that just multiplied every number by 10,000,000 and then divide up Crit into Crit and Multistrike (functionally the same, just under different labeled numbers on the sheet) and Versatility removed entirely and renamed Unmastery.

Honestly, I’d rather go the other way, and just have 1 stat for each class, Int, Agil, Str.

Either that, or let us socket gems for the stats we desire. That would give jewelers something to do, and reduce the frustration of getting higher ilevel equipment that sims lower than your current gear, because of terrible secondary stats.

Would make itemization easier to.

• T