Can we talk about the different brackets

Sigh

10-19 - mostly twink mages and hunters. All other classes die a few seconds.

20-29 - many many free account that have the best of the best gear. Hunters rain supreme in this bracket and it’s not uncommon for all other classes to die in a few seconds.

30-39 - seems to be the most balanced bracket and no free to play accounts make it my personal favorite.

40-49 - okay bracket but having access to shadowlands gear at 48 has caused this bracket to suck for any player under level 48. Shadowlands gear should start at level 50.

50-59 - my go to bracket but synced level 60s seem to becoming a normal thing. While it’s fair for in synced players around 57-59, lower levels have a huge disadvantage.

Level 60 PvP. - you can burn in hell because it’s disgusting and awful and gross.

My solution.

Free to play should end at level 19.

Level 50s twinks who didn’t purchase shadowlands shouldn’t be able to party sync.

Shadowlands gear should only be accessible after level 50.

Max level PvP, I honestly don’t know. Trash it and start over.

Okay thanks

1 Like

20 is fine for ftp/vet since its the bottom of the bracket.
no self respecting 50 twink would partysync down to receive an average template in 10-49 bgs.
i agree with you about 51-59 though. unless a player does end game bfa content to gear above 115 ilvl or so its a rough time from 51-56. at 56 the AH is full of ilvl 129 greens. there isnt any boe gear on the ah any higher than thise 129’s because of how loot works. a level 60(really any toon doing regular content even the 20’s farm greens with a 23/24 level toon)will loot greens with a required use of 3-4 levels lower. so useable on a 56/57. zero greens on the AH any higher because nobody is level 61, 62, 63 etc. there are a few blue weapons and headpieces that are 176(?) if i remember correctly but those are usually over 100k.

YES! Brackets. Max level Brackets would change the game. After a month or so new players have almost no chance in Randoms. Later in an expansion, if you are a casual, you have no chance and its not much fun. Brackets would open this right up.

1. 3 Item level brackets starting at level 60.
  2. 3 different gear sets, one for each Level Bronze, Silver and Gold Brackets. Or what ever…
  3. Wearing an entire set at say…200 gear allows you to be BIS in THAT bracket. Go over and you have to GO up.
  4. Having a casual league with its own achievements invites MORE PLAYERS…huh Blizz …huh.
  5. If you are Pro…then gear to the TOP and prove it…but clubbing baby seals is the current Meta…which is LAME.

There was already a massive drop in players, separating gear brackets just means queue times are going to get longer for everyone. There have been far better fixes suggested…and ignored

Level 20 f2p players dominate the 20-29 bracket. Even level 29 players in full boa gear are getting two shot by f2p players.

Level 50 players are constantly entering the 30-39 bracket and doing triple the damage of all other players in that bracket.

It’s a problem.

why would level 50 twinks sync down and lose our gear advantage? the que times aren’t any faster from what i can tell.

1 Like

Longer queue times would happen at first, but if it brought more players in that would change. The entire system need a revamp. Right now a large majority of people have no avenue to join in at a lower level. Randoms being the lowest are full of clubbers. But as you say it will all be ignored and is most likely not worth discussing.

I think a better alternative to gear brackets would be just to scale all gear to a base ilvl. Let’s say 250 for this season. If your gear is below that, it is brought up to that ilvl. If it’s above, it gets scaled down to that level. World PVP, Arenas, and RBGs would stay the same, but random BGs and skirms would be scaled.

Getting really bored of lazy people spamming comments about scaling. It’s always half naked people.

1 honor set, 1 conquest set 1 weapon upgrade, nothing more, nothing less.

About OP’s post… Low lvl brackets are basically bugged gameplay, I think the devs have more important things to worry about.

Why don’t you like max level pvp?

They may have more important things like bowls of fruit etc, but their failure to fix low level PvP is not going to help them gain any new players.

Would you pay a monthly sub if you were looking to enjoy a games PvP aspect ?

Oh look, they killed me in 1 second.

Get better gear…

Oh look, they killed me in 2 seconds.

It’s awful.

Lower brackets were shutout to make room for tokens. Say hi to the Tesla.+++

That was YUMMMY!!! XO

P2W. Period.

wtf i hate dying in battlegrounds now. remove spirit healers and make death permanent until one team wins please