Can we talk about crafting?

Maybe crafting in 10.0 is great for you, but I am really struggling with the new UI. I normally use TSM where I can queue a bunch of rings to make all at one time. It would show me all the materials I needed to get all in one menu. Now it no longer works. Because of this I thought I would give the new wow crafting UI a go and it took me 20 mins to make one ilvl 262 ring!

This is because to make one ring you need many different items such as crafting marks which have recipes of their own, and mats of their own. What happens is I find myself flipping through a bunch of different menus just to craft the things I need before I even get to making the ring, and keeping all the mats needed for all the things is irksome. i have to use gasp paper and pencil.

Once I figure out what I need I go to the AH only to find I cant even buy the items because of the many errors that come up when I attempt to buy something. I end up sitting at the AH refreshing the page with the hope that it will let me buy what i need…and thats just for one mat. I have to repeat this process for everything.

So forums…what do you think of the new crafting system? is there something I am missing? have you found a system that you like?

2 Likes

TSM is probably going to have something ready by launch. But regardless of that, I think the UI is fine. Better than the default, but something specialized like tsm will always be better than a general UI revamp.

Think a lot of people misunderstand the point. It’s not meant to replace elvui or tsm, it’s to modernize a UI that was always horrible and most of us were just used to the horribleness.

2 Likes

This sounds not specific to crafting if the problem is existing for the whole AH. It sounds like a bug which needs to be worked out on Blizzard’s end.

That said, I haven’t looked at the new crafting, but the whole make five things to make three things to finally make the thing you need has literally never appealed to me in any game. I don’t know if I will even bother with crafting in Dragonflight yet because it sounds like a complete pain. :frowning:

1 Like

i love crafting but hardly have done any with the new UI. the window is way too big and i cant downsize it. it honestly sucks a lot because i wanna level my professions but cant with the inability to even switch instantly to the item i need to craft and have to click almost 5 times to get to the correct thing :pensive:

1 Like