Can we stop ALL discrimination?

Group A discriminates against Group B so we put a stop to it.

Group B discriminates against Group A and it is allowed.

To me, it doesn’t matter if you are in Group A or Group B. Nobody should be excluded in the Social Contract.

The other day I started a thread asking if anti-religious people fall under the categories of things that can be reported, as I have witnessed anti-religious behavior on a regular basis since 2004. Others agreed, while others denied that it ever happens.

However, within minutes there were a few anti-Christian rants, which snowballed into many and was allowed to go on for a couple of hours. The thread was shut down with no explanation given by a CM, which I thought was strange because there is almost always a comment as to why it was shut down.

I’d like to hear an official stance from Blizzard concerning anti-religious hate within the new Social Contract, because these forums seem to allow this to happen and has been one of the biggest ongoing forms of discrimination in game, and the only discrimination that is allowed.

Not all religious people are bigots, and this is 100% not a troll.

I don’t care if my tank is LGBTQ as long as they can hold aggro.

102 Likes

Cool

/10 char

7 Likes

Thanks. Check out my pet collection.

19 Likes

it’s no surprise it was shut down. keep your religious views to yourself and stop instigating

43 Likes

Unfortunately many people do which is why it’s necessary for blizzard to take dramatic action to help curb that behavior. Sad it’s come to this but necessary.

11 Likes

So if I said that about the LGBTQ community it would be okay?

You just proved my point. Can’t you see that?

68 Likes

Your question was already answered in that other thread, you’re just purposely posting this again as bait to troll.

Anyway I’ll reiterate it since you are not actually looking for an answer and just trying to stir up more things, yes all discrimination is against the rules.

6 Likes

Why do you care so much? Just move on and ignore the thread. You’re just bumping this thread to the top. Cmon man…

3 Likes

Your faith is your choice. I don’t know the context of the threads in question, but in some cases those choices are actively harmful to members of the community.

Sexual orientation is NOT a choice.

Your examples are not comparable.

EDIT: Just to be clear, OP knows darn well what he’s doing when he puts LGBT against one religion as part of a dichotomy. He is implying that, if talking about how you are LGBT is okay, then so too should faith-based people talk openly about how the LGBTs are affronts to their religious system.

This is what I take issue with. Under no circumstances is this acceptable. And nobody gets a shield that protects them from criticism for being bigoted just because their outrage is informed by their faith.

That’s what I’m responding to. I do not believe anyone should be harassed specifically just because they are a christian.

22 Likes

I agree, my cute little Priest is meant to be religious! Get over it!

10 Likes

Bless you, child. :angel:

9 Likes

I like to call out trolls who do nothing but try to cause more drama, thanks for giving me more reason to continue to post in this thread and do so though :^)

5 Likes

Imagine my shock someone asking to stop all discrimination being flagged.
You can only ask to stop a certain discrimination, NOT ALL!

27 Likes

You can’t, there is no way to have everyone on equal grounds and be treated fairly.

Just an example and remember the goal is to not discriminate against anyone.

Say you have a group of racists, they discriminate against anyone not their race. So everyone shuns them because they don’t agree but now the racists are discriminated against for what they are.

No I’m not saying racism is ok but you see in the example that because we are humans and we don’t all agree someone will always be discriminated against.

2 Likes

Why put people into groups in the first place ? There was a certain political party that not only put people into groups, but also had them wear different colors upon their lapels. Methinks that’s next from what’s going on now. I’m thinking it will be happening, since we now have a ministry of truth in the U.S., just saying.

10 Likes

But you’re doing exactly that. You’re trolling a troll thread.

1 Like

Who answered the question? A CM or other Blizzard employee?

I’m sorry if I don’t take your word for it.

I’m questioning your credentials.

2 Likes

You should learn what the definition of trolling is, but I see you play hunter so critical thinking skills might be beyond you.

1 Like

Okay, so where does that put addicts?

It’s a choice right? Or is it a disease?

6 Likes

No they are not.

But many, many people have used religion as a means of discrimination, and worse.

“Judge not lest ye be judged” the man said.

It’s not so fun when that comes around, eh?

6 Likes