Can we please have increased drop rates for old content?

Why can’t we increase all the less than 10% drop rate items up to 50% once the expansion is old? Or at least increase the drop rate for anything less than 1% up to 10%?

For example, Schematic: Chief Engineer Jard’s Journal which according to Wowhead is less than 1% drop rate, but there are comments saying it drops after less than 5 kills. I tried it out with a level 60 (shadowlands max) goblin engineer with maxxed out pandaren engineering skill, got over 100 kills, no drop. I tried four different zones, I tried all the suggested mobs, no drop.

I could say the same thing about the pet and mount crafting materials in Zereth Mortis, I’ve been doing dailies in there for more than 2 months and haven’t been able to craft anything yet because none of the Lattice items have dropped.

How about the rank 3 skinning recipe rare drop on Argus? I’ve finished the story there, done all the quests, gone back to grind for the recipe, hours on hours, and no drop.

While we’re at it, why don’t we have instant or near instant respawns for the old content rares? Anyone trying to get Zereth Mortis flying needs to kill at least 10 different rares, which get killed in seconds due to higher level flying enabled players crowding them, so new players need to be very lucky or camp specific spawn points for days. It took me over a month spending probably 3 hours per day.

I’m a simple man, I just want to collect as many pets, mounts, and toys as possible. In pursuit of that goal, I have alts with every profession in the game, and keep a spreadsheet to track which expansions each character still needs to do their profession for.

Darkmoon Faire nerf really hurt me, but that’s nothing compared to these recipes being locked behind rare drops of less than 1%

1 Like

It would be an easy win but they are scared of easy wins.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like