Can we like... get a Heroic AND Heroic+ category in the finder... like, ASAP?

Title…

Really, I would think this should be given priority as it makes ppl that want to run regular Heroic like the bad guys. Honestly, everytime I try to make my own group, ppl quit as I tell them this is just Heroic. When queuing, I put in the description “No Heroic+ please” and H+ group still invite me then complain when I say ‘no thanks’.

I have nothing against H+, I feel it’s a nice idea I really do. But if we can’t queue for regular heroics anymore it makes the whole thing frustrating and not fun. I gave the devs the benefit of the doubt as I usually do. But after sometime and a huge patch we still dont have any ways to filter it… and that is bad design.

That’s all. Have a nice evening everyone.

33 Likes

Ive seen 2 people rage quit the game for retail this week and heard several others about to. This was the last straw for alot of people. Theyve made the game impossible for new 80s to even play, which means all of the people who just hit 80 from JJ, or grinding AV like fiends, are absolutely screwed(unless they have a generous guild willing to funnel them gear/carry them). You cant even make your own party because everyone in the dungeon finder is looking for H+ and very few respond in LFG now due to all the ragequitting over having to wait hours for a party. On top of that, the H+'ers are constantly ruining parties by not reading the party notes and joining/then abandoning the party as you start. This is enough to make most people fed up and quit.

The game is bad now. Just flat out bad. Its so anti alt and anti new player that its not even worth wasting anymore time on. Blizz has had 3 weeks to fix the problem and has made no effort to help all of the people left out in the cold. Retail will be picking up alot of new players in the coming weeks, which is probably what they wanted from the start

15 Likes

Yeah, that’s what prompted me to make this post.
I’m getting fed up about the situation. I mean sure I had loose ends to tie up with some of my alts, but yeah…

1 Like

Everyone wants them to seperated. Even the people that generally are contrarian trolls want it.

So chances are blizzard will pretend they dont see the requests and ignore us

9 Likes

I’d rather see this spammed all over the board than RDF stuff. I don’t think anyone would disagree that the categories need to be separated and it would require almost zero effort from Blizz to do it.

7 Likes

it require going back to put in decent search functionality off the comment field.

that they skipped over to get the lfg we have now out faster.

if no tabs this would jsut need search able to differentiate between a search for heroic, and heroic plus (or the symbol +).

the player base can be trained to use heroic plus in comments. and search uses that. they learned MS>OS, HR, and gdkp all by themselves lol. add heroic plus, heroic+, or even H+ to the wow lingo to put in comment.

They want you to go play DF instead.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but it’s not going to work :wink:

2 Likes

I am newer player back to wrath and get booted from groups every time cause they are doing Heroic+. Takes forever to line up the stars of all that want heroic dungeon and it is a massive roadblock for character progression.

8 Likes

Should be an easy fix. They have normal and heroics separated.

1 Like

The problem isn’t how easy it is to do (I assume), but rather the devs didn’t do it on purpose, they intended it for it to be this way.

Not the smartest move.

This is one of the changes that should have just come with H+, and it’s a huge problem that it didn’t. Hopefully they fix it soon and not 5 months from now when it’s hardly relevant. Definitely something they should have a team of people working on until it gets released or they’re making a huge mistake.

I’d also like more difficult affixes if possible.

got my classic hunter up to 80 last night and yeah i spent so long in LFG looking for a non-H+ that i almost thought my server was dead (horde side mankrik). i had my guild carry me through the daily HoS H+ (which, seriously they need to check the rotation cause it’s been HoS like 5 out of 7 times a week) and it’s obvious that you can’t just bring a fresh 80 into them and i even had bought a bunch of ilvl 200 BoEs in what slots i could find (overall ilvl 186ish)

so yeah they need to add a different category for regular heroics and H+

4 Likes

In addition to this request, can Heroic and Heroic+ not share a lockout? Is there a reason they need to?

Is there any reason for either of those dungeons to have a lockout at all? Like I get maybe to limit badges, but that could be limited independently of the dungeon itself. Though the traditional answer might be “well that’s how it was in OG WotLK” and honestly, I’d accept that, it was just more of an afterthought. We didn’t have H+ in OG WotLK though, so it should not be on the same lockout.

4 Likes

Agreed. But post this on Twitter or else Blizzard will never see it.

it worked. im done with this garbage game. having way more fun on DF. Ill prob raid log classic, but im not wasting anymore time in this trash with alts or anything. They clearly dont want any of us playing this game and I dont like having my time intentionally wasted. This whole fiasco is completely intentional. Theyre trying to scare new players away to their microtransaction game where they can milk them for money. This just exists so classic andys will still pay them money to be miserable(which is also working)

3 Likes

My guess is anti farming, anti “carry”.

If these drop decent gear they don’t want the stratholme assembly line again.

and retail has the carries. gold can pave the wave to ksm if the skill, or time lacks. I’ve known people legit ksm on their own. also good at making money. so on alt 5 they go meh, I made more than this dude is asking for (also legion table gold barrons the whole expac) . lets just do this to make raiderio people happy.

they maybe avoiding that here. Just guesses though.

I think you could work your way around to having that be a ret-con reason, but in OG WotLK that lockout was just for slowing people down, which is not a fun way to play the game. I liked that in Vanilla I could just go farm my pre-bis whenever my time allowed, chain running a dungeon if I wanted to or mixing them up as I liked.

After the fact though, now that carries are a thing, you’re totally right in that no lockout would just have people selling runs. I don’t know why the player base is so bent on purchasing their way through the game, it really takes a lot of the fun out of it. I certainly understand a few people doing it because they feel like they don’t have the time, but man did that ever become the prominent way of doing things in Classic.

The weird thing is, selling carries absolutely happens in retail but it doesn’t have an impact on people who just wanna actually play the game. Like, if I wanna pug a run I can just go find a group, no problem. Depending on my rating, class/role, and the current meta I might have to wait a bit if I don’t want to run my own key, but I’ve usually found a group on whatever alt I play on within 5 minutes or so. In Classic (2019) though, it became such a thing that it took away from just being able to play the game. If you were leveling, you had to buy a boost or wait an hour for a group because everybody was boosting. If you were farming pre-bis, you had to negotiate every single tank holding groups hostage for HR items or pay them.

So I do agree that now, after the fact, that is a good reason to have a lockout on heroic dungeons (even if it really, really sucks for players who just want to play the game); however, I don’t think it should be a reason for H+ and H to share a lockout. That’s just two cracks at the dungeon per day, which shouldn’t really be a big deal or change much. For people selling carries (do folks sell Heroics in WotLK these days?) it doubles their income, which isn’t really all that much, but for the rest of folks it just makes the pool of players larger and the game more accessible.

It’s not like people who are gearing up are gonna be running H and H+ in the same day. It just means that there will be people to do H with them because they can still get the badge and maybe some dungeon gold or whatever.

You’d be surprised.
I’ve seen it- “Oh should they just divide up the raids that are looking to do hard modes too”
“You’re just lazy”
“I don’t have any problems on my realm, what’s wrong with you?”

1 Like