Can we just have the nerfed bosses so we dont have to have drums?

If you need drums to kill a boss, you have other issues to address.

1 Like

Reading these forums you would think everyone is a top 1%.

I love how everyone thinks they need to min/max like this.

I mean, yeah and no. It is more peer pressure than anything. If you join a pug and they ask you if you have drums and you say no…you think they will bring me anyways or the other guy that does?

I mean i agree its what the 1% does to get good speed clears, its just funny that even the worst players feel the need to follow it.

Because what the top players do feeds down through the community and becomes more of a requirement to enter if you are not running exclusively with someone.

Oh i mean i get it, i just find it hilarious.

Raids parsing 13s and still trying to min/max lmfao

It is a player created culture based on the limitations that blizzard allows.

So your solution to trivializing TBC content with drums is to trivialize TBC content in its post-nerf era?

90% of the players midlife-crisis-tryharding ruined the game. You probably have like five tailoring alts, turd.

If you take what I said that way, I guess. My point was, if they are just keeping the drums the way they are because the bosses will not be nerfed, I would rather have the nerfed versions and not have the drum meta looming over the community like a poisonous fog.

The very fact that I do not want drums should speak to the levels of my try hard-ness.

You don’t need drums to kill bosses. I hate to make a dismissive argument like this, but, uh…

“Git gud.”

It isn’t about the drums. Why cant you all figure that out? It is about what the drum effects will have on the culture of the game. It is something that will create toxicity when there is no reason for it to.

Two points.

One, drums do not have an impact on the culture. The culture has an impact on the prevalence of drums. Gaming culture is highly min/max oriented these days. People are mindful of efficiency and want to get the most out of their time and characters. If you get rid of drums, nerf them, change them, or whatever else, players will still act this way.

Two, people using drums is not “toxic.” Stop abusing that word. It’s not even remotely applicable here.

Edit: three, even if you have the nerfed bosses, people will require/encourage the use of drums, because drums are not necessary. Drums are just a means to eek out that little bit more performance, so matter how needed it is, people will do it.

If you have two players that whisper to join your raid, and the raid lead asks do you have drums?, one says yes, the other says no, who do you think they will pick?

As I already stated, the drums are not necessary. Nerfing the bosses will not fix your hypothetical problem wherein a raid leader will choose the player with Leatherworking.

If given a choice, who do you think they will pick? You have two shamans. One is a LW with drums, one is a tailor. Who do they pick?

See, you are not going to admit that when given the chance, the people creating groups will pick min/max every time if given the choice.

Just like people did not want to admit that paladins with seal of blood would create population issues. Blizzard came out and said that it would indeed skew population to horde so they changed it. It is a change for the positive. Changing drums would help take away needless non sense that the community can create.

???

I specifically stated that is exactly what they would do. Are you not reading what I’m saying?

HOW DOES NERFING THE BOSSES FIX THAT?

I said, if their reasoning for keeping drums is because the bosses will be pre nerf status, I would just rather they do away with drums and give us nerfed bosses. It is a hypothetical. IF that was their reasoning, I would rather have nerfed crap with better community/culture game design instead of promoting a sweaty, greasy version of the game that a ton of people are showing they do not want.

That isn’t their reasoning, though. So what is the point of this thread, exactly? To suggest a change that does nothing to actually address your concerns in response to a reason they never gave?