Can we have our stuff back?

I’m sure you did at that massive ilvl dude. Check your privilege bro.

3 Likes

He had the same ilvl as me at 2k mmr so your comment is irrelevant

Personally I feel like Warlocks as a class is the only class as expansion progressed we’ve lost power…

Use to have Doomguard and Infernal as pet, Doomguard completely removed, Infernal changed to a 3 min cooldown.

8 years of Metamorphosis, completely removed.

We’ve had the same pets going on for 17 years, while Hunters are now taming 200+ pets, even undead…every patch and expansion giving them more and more.

I can keep going, but my Warlock now who’s defeated, Titans, Old Gods, Dragon Aspects and held back the burning legion feels so much weaker now then what I was.

6 Likes

All I want is for Chaos Bolt to actually be one of the hardest hitting spells in the game again. So many classes hit way harder with single abilities and it just feels so wrong. Especially when specs like Balance can rattle off 3 instant starsurges that all hit way harder than a 2.5 second cast Chaos Bolt.

Bring back burning embers, make Chaos Bolt one ember, buff its damage by like 100% and take damage away from conflagrate, give us back Shadowburn baseline that returns 2 embers when the target dies, costs 1 ember, bring back ember tap, give us back 1 minute Unending Resolve…

Basically can I have MoP destro? And aff and demo for that matter…

6 Likes

So because your over geared and 2 shot an undergeared ret pally things are good? Lol…

4 Likes

Yeah, well as other people have pointed out… and I will put money on it… that’s impossible. Even running the Chaos bolt legendary, and knocking off people that are undergeared locks are still topping out at 21-22k off a bolt. Which would get you a 2 hit shot off somone undergeared. A ret pally that has the same Ilvl (if even looked at his profile) would have enough HPs to survive that.

So either …
A) he is lying
Or
B) He went into a 2100 match, and smoked the ret pally that was undergeared buying a boost.

4 Likes

Most likely B and even then I would put good money that that was a once in a lifetime event. He didn’t say “I consistently two shot ret pallies” if he said that then he would be outright lying

4 Likes

The bottom line is the gear gap is ridiculous, add that to how different class/specs perform in PVP. That makes classes like warlocks a bit underpowered, and useless when everyone can do what we do… but better. It doesnt help when a person jumps on here who is well geared tries to pat themselves on the back making things up, like we are all idiots.

3 Likes

I’d like Shadowburn baseline personally.

4 Likes

I don’t know why being well geared is an issue for you here. This person is probably pushing rating and is obviously gonna use best gear possible. As for the two shot not being possible. I don’t know if you know, but ret still uses glad badge in pve so if the ret was pushing to up glad badge ilvl for pve then maybe the ret doesn’t have much vers. Two shot is in the realm of possibilities. We live in this world on these forums where finding success in something people are hating become automatic liars.

2 Likes

lame joke …

Can we talk about how we lost our power to cast while moving yet mages received ice flows right after ours was removed.

6 Likes

A couple reasons. A well geared player pushing a high rating early in a season with better gear then 90% of the other pvpers, obviously isnt having any issues when we all know there is a massive gear gap between the ranks. Secondly, make up some story about how they fought an equally geared ret pally and 2 shot them is completely false. At that level a ret pally has enough hps/defense that even if everything was stacked and he double Chaos bolted him and hit high on both, they would survive. Saying “the class is fine I smoked an undergeared player I am so awsome” contributes nothing.

Again, a ret pally in the 2100 mmr with the same gear level isnt going to get destroyed in 2 hits. The most likely story is it was some player paying for a boost that was undergeared. With a 223ilvl I sit at 50khps bolts hit for about 20-22k at the top running the legendary and that’s against people that ate undergeared
At the same gear level it’s around 14-16k. There is no way a 2100 mmr with “the same gear” is going to die from (for the sake of arguing using the max) 32k damage. The person was severely undergeared and he probably hit them with 2 bolts for around 40-42k damage, which even I would survive and I am la bit lower then he is.

Maybe so. But if I told you “I got on my flying unicorn to go to the store and bought some beer.” I would expect you to call me out on it. Did I get beer? Probably, but we both know there are no such things as unicorns. Did he 2 shot a ret pally, ya probably, was the ret.pally equally high geared… no.

6 Likes

Maybe unicorns aren’t real, but “flying unicorns”…

1 Like

Lock tears

I’d love Wrath Warlock over anything else. Every spec was great and a lot of fun, they were actually strong at everything and still took skill to damage. Every DPS spec is pretty close to what they were in Wrath excluding Lock. TBC DoTs almost hit harder than retail DoTs.

1 Like

TBC DOTs actually do more damage than retail. Chanimal made a video with almost exactly that title.

1 Like

Demon hunters and shadow priests got our metamorphosis, we got nothing in return. I really miss old warlock.

3 Likes

Life Tap was only ever good when every other mana user in the game had limited mana and had to do stuff like sit there wanding to regen mana, and not many people want to go back to that. People complain enough as it is about most classes having their dps too heavily weighed in to the big cooldowns and not doing much damage between cds, let alone having to stop and wand…

As mana became less and less relevant for other dps, Life Tap became more and more of a burden, culminating in Legion to the point where Demo in particular could only dps for like 20s before having to life tap, while no other dps cared about mana at all (barring Arcane Mage but they actually built the spec around mana and made it work without feeling bad)

Now mana isn’t important for our main abilities at all and is instead purely a limiting factor on utility abilities like Fear and Drain Life. And that’s good.

Unless you get ludicrous amounts of haste lile in 8.3, but that should never have happened anyway

2 Likes