Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

You can already do that, this toon proves it.

3 Likes

My lawn guy is gonna have a heart attack lol

1 Like

im outside messing up your flowers.

1 Like

Watch out for the neighborhood cats, though.

You first. Nothing you post is productive and most of what you post is meant as a disruption.

5 Likes

Are we allowed to ignore the anonymous poster or will each time a person uses the anonymous poster option be like a different alt?

First album after Peter Gabriel left was excellent. I agree on Crosby, Stills Nash and young.

1 Like

feel more safeā€¦ewww. You were never in danger. The world cant cover you in bubble wrap, Im all for stopping harassment but at a certain point you just fragile

2 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to figure out what people are having to say that requires anonymity, I know itā€™s to avoid blowback. As for those saying ā€œI donā€™t want them to message me in game over something a said on the forumsā€. Poppycockā€¦ I know I have said some wild and inappropriate stuff (still do), and giving out my Bnet ID, I havenā€™t been messaged in game or harassed.

2 Likes

and for good reason.
YOu have one side who dont like being harassedā€¦and the other side posting some VERY derogatory stuff about us over on twitter as it is.
I dont want persons exhibiting that kind of obsession with this forum and its members having my in game public ID in here. Period.
that group harasses enough in here as it is. We dont need them having any more of our account info than what they can already see.

2 Likes

I would feel more safe and secure with no anonymous posting. Who knows what is hidden behind that mask?

8 Likes

What a bunch of disingenuous tripe.

9 Likes

Might be too late to change now, but they should never have gone with this software package.
I looked at it right after they moved here and its horrid compared to other forum software in my honest opinion.
Im sure its fine for discussion for some church social group who doesnt have stalkers harassing other members, but with some in this forum we need to be able to have a total lockout similar to twitter where both sides are blocked from each other if one choosed to do itā€¦and then make the forum unviewable if not logged inā€¦AND limit us to ONE posting account with violators losing their accounts entirely if they are found to have a second.

orā€¦we leave it as is, because its actually not as bad as some claim it isā€¦mods do a fine job in removing that T groups posts when they show up here.

if anything needs changed it would only be the harassment in here of flag abuse.
The rules need to be changed to include that if a poster is found to be flagging in an ongoing fashion in a way that shows they are using the flag for a downvote, they get the 30 day vacation theyre trying to cause for someone else.

ā€œtrollingā€ is a subjective call by moderationā€¦and so could flag abuse be

2 Likes

Try not to engage him.

2 Likes

too bad for some deniers in here that we ALL saw the twitter links before they were deleted in a now locked and delisted thread lol
The twitter user himself didnt deny that he was doing it.
Cope.
its literally still there for all to see right this minute
if others here who didnt see the stuff over on twitter did go look at it, they would be fighting tooth and nail to keep someone like that from having their in game ID posted here for all to see as well.

A Trick of the tail was amazing. Agreed. Entangled is such a killer track.

OK. After much research, I have come to the following conclusion that should satisfy all parties. Everybody on the forum is forced to reroll as gnome. You can then only use gnomish avatars to post. Now if you look carefully, this gnome has a tactical defense beach ball for protection. So when you reroll gnome, you all get your very own tactical defense beach ball. This beach ball will keep you safe from other gnomes on the forum.

There. Problem solved. Iā€™ll take my cheque now.

6 Likes

Remove the phone number. First of all, you donā€™t need a subscription to post on these forums, because starter accounts can post on these forums, but are limited to the support sub-forums.

Secondly, requesting for anonymous posting means asking to go full anonymous. Youā€™re asking to fully hide yourself behind nothing but ā€œanonā€.

5 Likes

They do that when they cant ā€˜winā€™ the discussion and need to find ANY distraction / deflection they can to get attention off the fact that they just lost the match, lol.

In their defense, however, ive been debating very hardcore for 30 years now on a long list of topics and they are not the first to use that pathetic tactic, and actually not the worst offenders of it.
Ive seen some who lose a point in the match and will literally start attacking your family and even make threats of violence, lol.

So this forum is pretty tame by comparisonā€¦even if some like to pretend its so horrible that they ā€˜needā€™ your account ID showing so THEY can ā€œkeep you accountableā€ā€¦lmaoā€¦which is moderations job, not theirs.

2 Likes

To be certain, in any meaningful debate or discussion, the speaker or writerā€™s credentials become important in determining the validity and experience with which they present their material. It shows savvy to want to confirm where your information comes from.

That said, the key element being ā€œmeaningful.ā€ These back and forths are largely entertainment (speaking for me) and thus the weight put into a posters background is going to be much less than what we might use in real life when making big budget decisions.

But thatā€™s where the basis comes from: generally not a win, but a means of seeking to confirm someoneā€™s credibility on a topic to know how much weight should be given to their comments.

5 Likes