Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

We have enough anonymity as is given this is a video game forum about WoW. Blizz already has access to all of account data and info, asking for even more privacy just means you’re unwilling to bare any potential social backlash in regard to something you may post.

4 Likes

We should really just stop replying to these threads at this point.

7 Likes

not true - I never troll and I want anonymity because I tried it the other way and I got more harassment in game and on the forum.

1 Like

a lot of players expressed same thought. They had bad experiences that’s why those two suggestions would bring more safer environment for everyone.

you can just make and post on a classic character though and have that if you want it right now

2 Likes

Which is exactly why your forum name should be tied to your btag. People won’t troll or devolve

2 Likes

This is MMORPG forums, where we post as characters we play. Battle tags are worst idea in my opinion and it just would provide environment for trolling and harassing others more for their opinion.

Yes, that’s not great when it happens, but a surprising amount of achievement checking is just to verify that someone actually did what they said they did, or that they have any relevant experience at all.

People for some reason really like to lie about being a raider, then give some really bizarre claims about raiding that don’t make any sense to the people who actually participate.

yes i agree, i do it all the time
tickles me when someone claims CE and 4k io when they’re actually progging normal and a keystone conquerer.

even better when a certain gnome rolls up with the logs :partying_face:

1 Like

Na dawg, its a no from me

1 Like

You can still ignore a hidden profile, it just makes it more annoying to do.

Go to the preferences section of your profile, navigate to Users.
click add, then type “Nelfas-azshara” (this is picky due to the hidden profile).
Set a duration, then hit ignore.

4 Likes

Classic characters exist. That’s your perfect anon. They should probably nerf them and put achieve lists on display anyways even for classics tbh. Shouldn’t be ashamed of your account history if you’re actually arguing in good faith.

2 Likes

But they would give you the most “hidden”
Factor since the armory and raider io is based off character name and not battle tags

None of this is your data. It’s Blizzard’s data. You only have access to it.

8 Likes

Blizzard owns your account. They own everything you’ve put into your account.

What you’re paying for is a limited, non-transferrable license to use that account.

4 Likes

can we talk about my suggestions? I think it’s wonderful and thoughtful ideas, that would benefit our game forums for a lot of players.

There’s no reasoning with Nelfas.

They want to be anonymous, but they don’t want BattleTags because they think the character you post with is too important to be hidden away.

6 Likes

As a professional world first raider watcher and chatterer I completely disagree with you.

I need to see your spam achievement to make sure you know what spam is so i can validate this post.

2 Likes

No to “who is it posting”, and you can hide you armory after we get a single forum identity.

1 Like

They wish they would. But the armory will never be hidden, because Blizzard will never hide the armory.

1 Like