Can we have more privacy in forums to feel more safe?

You’re :clap: already :clap: anonymous :clap:

13 Likes

I also did the same but with OP’s response on the other thread.

Sadly for me, ChatGPT doesn’t seem to be linkable for that spefific convero, so i’l pasta it.

It seems like Person B may not fully understand the severity of the situation that Person A is facing. Being told to harm oneself repeatedly by someone who is anonymous can have serious mental and emotional repercussions. It is not just a difference of opinion that can be easily brushed off or ignored. It is important to prioritize mental health and well-being and blocking someone who is consistently and harmfully attacking you is a valid and necessary form of self-care. Person B should try to be more empathetic and understanding of the difficult situation Person A is in.

ChatGPT doesn’t know it’s not a situation Person A is facing now, but it’s answer is on point. :+1:

1 Like

Lol fair.

You know that is a thing just make a throw away level 55 dk named Anon or something and bam anon character.

Although I wonder if cata is going to get armory in some capacity?

2 Likes

If you go to the chat gpt list you’ll see 3 little dots, click that and there should be a share button.

3 Likes

There’s only Pin and Rename. :frowning:

Most of the the time is to check transmogs, If I like a look I’m gonna see what I need to get the gear,

1 Like

So what you want isn’t “anonymous” posting like what Nelfas wants, with randomly generated usernames. You just want the current Character-Server posting method to not be linked to the armory or any other outside means of comparing posting characters, is that accurate?

So you actually disagree with Nelfas, then.

I’d also appreciate if you didn’t ignore my other questions, given that you and Nelfas insisted that you wanted to continue to have a robust debate on this specific thread so it had to be reopened for you to present your position in a way that you were prevented from doing with the thread closed.

• Do you feel like it helps the forums and communication between people here when people are able to come into a thread and pretend to be a different person who supports an idea to inflate the perceived number of people who agree with it? And why?
  • Do you feel that it’s never appropriate for people to form opinions on the behavior of others based on their demonstrated behavior and their own words? Explain your rationale.
3 Likes

A more constructive suggestion would be to outright hide a thread if I ignore the user, rather than showing me the thread and just saying “ignored content”

4 Likes

yes i do want randomly generated names like OP suggests.

So you are saying you already are anonymous and your issue with in-game contact is resolved under the current system. All those level 10s that are never played in game, or Classic chars with no armory. People make throw away characters for the forums already. They can do so infinitely under the current system.

Ok. So then there does not seem to be an issue here for you with the current forum software. It sounds like your fear is that we might get something that leads to a singular forum ID like every other forum ever - which eliminates making throw away chars.

9 Likes

Lol, love to see you continuing to dodge your hypocrisy.

3 Likes

That goat pretty much celebrated getting people banned over this topic. I don’t think there is a good-faith type of thing happening here

1 Like

And how do you feel that a system like that encourages a productive discussion venue? What do you feel about people who would feel emboldened by not being able to gain a reputation to be able to say whatever they wanted acting out in ever greater numbers? Wouldn’t that also harm Nelfas’s ability to pretend to be her Night Elf character on the forums, if there was no persistent character for her to post on?

Also, I’m still waiting for answers on these:

• Do you feel like it helps the forums and communication between people here when people are able to come into a thread and pretend to be a different person who supports an idea to inflate the perceived number of people who agree with it? And why?
  • Do you feel that it’s never appropriate for people to form opinions on the behavior of others based on their demonstrated behavior and their own words? Explain your rationale.
2 Likes

My ability to Night Elf far extends the forums. :sunglasses:

1 Like

But can you do a forward flip while running? That’s the big question.

1 Like

Hmm. :thinking:

Runs, does a forward flip, breaks into a table and lands on his back.

Nope. :neutral_face:

But i do recycle. :slight_smile: :recycle:

1 Like

Listen, the only way to have true anonymity on the forums would be to not have names or avatars at all; everyone posts to a thread and the only thing that is recorded is the posting number that is attatched to your specific post. This would make things perhaps a bit confusing as players would have no idea who they’re talking to or if a conversation has 3 4 or 20 posters.

This would protect people’s identities by stripping the very concept from the forum.

Would you prefer this?

Huh strange ok I have premium so maybe it’s a premium feature?

2 Likes

Groans loudly

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1197531271908315166/1235775241096138812/image.png?ex=663598e1&is=66344761&hm=6b8077a74a990fd0b9a46b1fc1d382ec6da8501670583113788d266790efc69e&

That’s what I see on my screen

And yes I use the thing to help with my classwork to find resources and making outlines XD

2 Likes