Can we give Void Elves the Green Eyes?

Please don’t. You aren’t Blood Elves anymore. You’re infused with Void.

4 Likes

I actually want the green eyes.
Going void doesnt erase all the blood elf history of the void elves.

I just dont care enough about eye colour to fight for it, or get in to drama with the blood elf supremacist around here.

5 Likes

But certainly not a VE request.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for others, but personally I genuinely want Green Eyes for Void Elves.

I think it’s absolutely absurd that the entire origin & background of Void Elves emphasizes they’re Blood Elves who were studying magic to defend Silvermoon, with literally zero High Elves present throughout the entire unlock quest (excluding Alleria), and in return we only get High Elf eyes as extra customization.

We can have Orcs running around in Night Elf Warden Armour, Forsaken in Gilnean Suits hanging out in Reclaimed Gilneas, but on the Alliance side we can’t have a race of split off Blood Elves have their racial eye color? That’s insane.

(Side note, none of this is directed at you, i’m just ranting in general)

1 Like

Sure, like I said I know a few folk who are, at least to my eyes, very genuine in their desire for green eyes, even if its not even related to blood elves.

Its just most of the time I see this come up it really feels like its more trying to draw out a particular demographic of the forums to fight about it.

I don’t feel strongly about it one way or another myself. I feel like if Blizz does it cool. If not business as usual.

Hmm… imagine if they added a green eye color without the sclera with that specific void elf effect.

I do feel more and more as the restraints are being lifted, theres less and less reason to resist such things.

The culture, story and lore of each race hasn’t gone anywhere. let the players play I think.

2 Likes

Green with void effects would be pretty dang awesome.
Forget normal green, i want that one haha

5 Likes

There are some in this very thread who have made that argument.

At this point in time in the world and the restoration of the Sunwell, it’d really depend on context.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that if it’s not a request for something else from blood elves (eye colors, hairstyles, paladins, DHs, access to Silvermoon, territory in the Ghostlands), it’s usually for something from other races (dracthyr hairstyles, Kul Tiran hair colors, shamans, druids, evokers, access to Orgrimmar). I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of them is eyeing my character’s hairstyle, now that some people have gone on an “all hairstyles for all races” crusade.

2 Likes

Of all the people here in this topic, you know how important this is. As a Gnome you don’t have a great selection of hairstyles. Either they are too old looking (2004/2008), clip too much or don’t change the female Gnome eyebrow color at all.

Hairstyles and male beards should be shared across almost all races. The beards can become a problem, however, because if I spotted it correctly, then the Dwarf-ones have their own animation suited only for them.

I will firmly champion that my gnome needs some more hairstyle options. Like give me a spiky haired punk look option please.

2 Likes

You’re misinterpreting what’s being said, as per the post they’re responding to:

What they’re saying isn’t that blood elf players are asking for it, but it’s an ask for void elves to have the green eyes because void elves (at least the OG ones) were originally blood elves, not high elves. It’s an ask from a void elf player, not a high elf player.

No I know. I was commenting on the addendum Blast made/the way these threads are normally suggested.

I’m aware the OP is a void elf.

Though I don’t often see this request from void elf players either. Normally, like I mentioned, its someone trying to drum up drama.

That, also mentioned above, is not to say there are not people who actually do request this from whatever “side” they come from.

1 Like

Dark Iron hair does not make sense on humans.
Nightborne hair does not make sense on orcs.
Undead hair does not make sense on pandaren.
And so on.

Most existing styles were designed to be a thematic match for the race they were created for, not something that can later be given out to everyone else. This is not a hard concept to grasp for anyone capable of accepting what they’ve already been given.

Not to mention that in the unlikely event of all styles being shared, some models just flat-out wouldn’t be able to give or receive any. Namely, worgen, tauren, Highmountains, and vulpera because they don’t have human-like hair, and most styles for male draenei and Lightforged should be near-impossible to share because they’re integrated with their horn styles.

3 Likes

What? I don’t mean to sound daft, but in what way does quote of theirs that you quotes suggest that they were saying blood elf players wanting it?

I would hope so, but what I’m getting at is there are people who play void elves, and then there are people who are playing void elves because it’s the closest they can get to playing a high elf. The request is for void elves to have a nod to their blood elven origin with green eyes. Not a request for void elves to get more high elven customizations.

There is already a sharing of hairstyles between races.
Horns are not a problem, Draenei have blood elf hairstyles.

1 Like

Honestly, BFA very nearly drove me to Alliance. I mean you’d think the Horde would know better after Garrosh to do horrible destructive things.

Honestly I made that post in a bad mood, though I probably ought to listen to the reasoning other then “China wanted a pretty race on Horde to play as”

2 Likes

One can argue the nuance all they like, but biologically, Blood Elves are High Elves, as much as biologically, Kul Tirans are humans.

I don’t think that really changes it at all though. Calling yourself a Blood Elf has two major facets to it. It’s a declaration that you honor those who died in the Third War to the Scourge. Secondly, it states you stand by the Kingdom of Quel’Thalas, and are loyal to it, regardless of whatever other alliances you may be involved with.

Blood Elves take immense pride in these two pillars of their identity. To call them a, ‘High Elf,’ is to basically say they neither care about their dead loved ones, or their kingdom. Rightfully, it should be an insult that’d earn a fool a pyroblast to the face.

2 Likes

i just want gold eyes to match my velfs upcoming mog

red/gold mog and no eyes to go with it

So… Why would I want green eyes exactly?

3 Likes

I am confused… this is what I responded to.

I was commenting on what Blast said… I am aware of what Blast was commenting on themselves, as well as where that conversation was going to.

I am aware? I don’t know where the miscommunication has occurred.

Could be a few reasons.

You want to represent a Blood Elf Scholar, maybe you’re a warlock, maybe you’ve tied your personal story to green eyes somehow. Maybe you hope druids become a thing and that you can have green eyes for that?

Could be any reason.

1 Like