Can we get the old gun sound back?

This mechanical pea shooter thing is keeping me from playing hunter in BFA.

Please change it back.

Thank you.

10 Likes

At least set it as a toggle. The current gun sound is so unsatisfying.

6 Likes

There were some add-ons to change the gunfire sound. idano if they’re current.
You might could check on Source-forge, or wherever you get your add-ons.

1 Like

The new gun sounds is so terrible. I really have no idea why they couldn’t just use a muffled version of the old gun sound. Make it a glyph, or make it a toggle. There is no reason why my friggen double barreled shotgun should sound like an air-soft pistol.

3 Likes

Can we get gun sounds with guns and bow sound with bows?

MultiShot, Concussive Shot, and Bursting Shot all sound more like a firearm than a bow. It’s quite annoying.

1 Like

You should be able to replace the sound effect yourself, it’s an easy enough fix. Just make a sounds folder, find the original sound file, and drop it in the folder with the same filename.

You can do this with any sound in WoW. It was a lifesaver back in WoD when Blizzard gave out that stupid motorcycle in the same expansion that had an auction house you could mount in.

M1 Gun Sounds
Simply replaces the in-game default gun sounds with firing and reloading sounds from a M1 Garand. Sounds are realistic, authentic and beautiful!

DrGlenn’s Gun Mod (Quake 3 flavor)

Sound mod which replaces the default gun sound in WoW with the sound of the double-barreled shotgun from Quake 3

Squelchy’s Gun2Bow Sound Pack - 5.4 MoP

Squelchy’s Gun2Bow is not an addon but a sound pack.

Works with 5.4 MoP and is fully backwardly compatible

Its purpose is to replace the annoying loud gun sounds with the quieter bow sounds.
All these from ( WWW).wowinterface.com

Install OldGunSounds addon.

Just tried that sound pack and it didn’t do anything to the abilities I just mentioned. Didn’t matter whether I put it in “Data” or “data” folders.

Install OldGunSounds addon

Thanks, that addon does improve Multi-Shot.

It doesn’t help with Bursting Shot or Concussive Shot though.

1 Like

Ahh, well… sorry. I don’t use them, I just know they’re out there. Prolly most don’t work, but some might still. There’s phazer fire from Star Trek, Pew Pew, cause anything’s better, Death Ray, lots of them.
Sift through them, hopefully you will find what you need.

I’ve been wanting this for a long time. I hate not using guns anymore, but after WOD it annoys me trying to use them. It feels awkward when there’s no “BANG” sound when you’re fighting. If it annoyed some people, i’ll never understand why they didn’t just make it a toggle. Why remove the entire thing all together?

At the very least guns should share the same sound as the Rogue’s Pistol Shot ability. That’s a decent enough “BANG” and isn’t too loud/obnoxious.

Was there ever an “official” reason given as to why the gun sounds were changed? I installed OldGunSounds at the beginning of BfA and now the SL pre-patch has broken it.

They seem VERY determined to deny us this very simple pleasure and I’d like to know why.

Yes they should bring back the original gun sound. They keep doing to other sound bits as well. It’s all muted. For who? For them most likely. Take in point the worgen rogue in sw.

Okay thanks for bringing back the dead. There is a addon pack from curseforge that will replace the new with old sounds.

XXXhttps://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/oldgunsoundsXXX

As I recall, in Wrath people took to the forums with torches and pitchforks complaining about the booming sound.

It was too much for me as well so I used an addon that had a carbine type sound which was cool. The toggle makes sense though.

Ive noticed a lot of their updated sound fx suck now for a lot of classes/spells :frowning: they feel so underwhelming