Can we get more LGBT+ Pride pins on the store?

Reminds me of the girl in the new Dr. Strange movie. lol

2 Likes

Id buy this too!!

1 Like

I just don’t get the absolute obsession with all things rainbow… I have one pair of socks and that’s it… You don’t have to identify as one and dress like the wizard of oz meets Willy Wonka candy land. I guess if some like it then good on ya…? Just kinda weird like sports fans dressing and painted up in team colors or St patty day overly dressed green guys…it’s just weird to me. Lol

Maybe if they have one in the shape of a tauren I’d care.

3 Likes

It’s just a symbol representing the lgbt community. A simple google search will tell you all you need to know. LGBT isn’t a sports team… sheesh you guys need stop trolling.

2 Likes

I know what it is and why. Dressing up in it or treating it like a “collect them all consumer smorgasbord” is not my cup of tea.
It’s my personal opinion honey not trolling. If I’m gonna dress I’ll do so to impress in a suit. I appreciate the symbolism of it but wearing it’s about as gaudy and cringe to me as wearing the American flag clothes in July it’s an attack on the eyes in that amount.

1 Like

Maybe because video game players are Nerds and this is our safe space to play and escape RL. Look at it like this … In an mmorpg the trans community can be whatever they want to be no matter what and will still get hit on by people as they are a girl/boy online, but of course in fantasy no one hits on boys, just like RL. See the great equalizer.

I do like it LOL

Then again, I take pride in dressing “unconventionally”. I’ve worn similar pants like this, even though it’s not “bright colors”.

I find this no different than folks wearing a Batman shirt, or an Alliance/Horde shirt :woman_shrugging:

Oh OK, I get what you mean. I’ll wear like one green piece. I can still flow colors.

Depends on the occasion :wink:

There’s pride in everything: people for their countries, their fandoms, self-expression, etc. It’s art.

If folks don’t blend their colors, right then yes. If they blend it right then no.

1 Like

Remember Lisa Frank?

3 Likes

Oh Talonel, what did they do to you?!!

The stock price dropped.

Semi-related, how do you mute/block someone who has their profile hidden? I click on the usual thing to get to the page with the drop-down for mute/block and it’s not there.

Edit: Mute/ignore apparently, not block.

It’s important to note that there is a forum difference between “ignore” and “mute”.

Ignoring a poster just either collapses down their posts, so you don’t have read/see them, unless you click on the “view hidden reply” or as “ignored content”, if they’re the OP.

Muting a thread (not a poster) makes it so you won’t receive notifications about it (not even a reply nor heart), and it won’t appear on the thread listing.

How to put somebody on ignore who has their profile hidden:

• Click on your Avatar, in the upper right-hand corner.
  • Click on the third symbol which is to right of the bookmark symbol (what you need to click on looks like a person).
  • Click on Preferences
  • Click on Users
  • Click on “+Add”
  • Type in the Name of the person you wish to put on ignore (usually their avatars are easy to spot)
  • Select how long you want to ignore them for
  • Click on “Ignore”
  • And don’t forget to “Save” your new “Settings”.

How to Mute a thread:

• Go into the thread in question
  • Scroll down at the bottom-ish
  • Below “Share”, “Bookmark”, “Flag”, etc. is a dropdown menu, on how your notifications will be handled, click on it and select “Mute”.
4 Likes

Would you mind elaborating on that?

Virtue signaling by corporations tends to wax and wane based on stock price. If it’s up, high levels of virtue signaling, but if it’s down, expect a reduction until profits are back up as well as stock value.

Netflix took such a hit that they told people to quit if they don’t like what they are doing and even canceled a few “woke” shows that were in the works.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Oh, and the Hippie tie dyes. The “rainbow color palette” has been used for so many different things.

4 Likes

i wouldn’t mind there being LGBT+ pride pins on the store. I myself am not of that group but I respect your desire to be marketed to and have merch.

4 Likes

I want to buy chocolate covered cherries. And a friend to share them with.

wiggles toes

1 Like

I don’t mind it, either. It just means more rainbows, for me LOL

I just don’t associate rainbows with just one specific group. I think rainbows are used for “at the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold” and like leprechauns (at least, in OG and not Reboot of Charmed). So, list of rainbow uses, so far:

• Under the Christian faith, it’s a promise from God, that he would never flood the earth, again.
  • LGBTQ+ Representation
  • Lisa Frank Art
  • Hippie Tie Dye Shirts
  • Finding a pot of gold, at the end of the rainbow usually in association with Leprechauns. I think the cereal “Lucky Charms” uses it, for their Leprechaun mascot.
2 Likes

Goodness, I feel like I’m teaching the history of rainbows or something :laughing:

EDIT: Guess, I really do like rainbows :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like