Can we get more info on porting people out of Silithus during the opening events?

Because as it currently stands, this honestly is one of the most disappointing changes that has been introduced. The entire point of this event is for everyone on the server to be involved, whether you are doing anything to help with the gong or not. You should be able to help other people, engage in PvP, or just go to the zone and watch the action unfold. Simply not allowing people to zone in and play the game is ridiculous.

What kind of numbers are we talking about here for how many people will be allowed in? And is this faction based or what? Some servers have tremendous faction imbalances so how will that work if there is significantly more alliance players for example.

I feel like most people would rather deal with the lag and chaos and actually be in the zone and have some fun with the event as opposed to this weird change to force people out, not to mention the fact that there is always the possibility that things will bug/glitch and people that shouldn’t get ported out will end up being moved out and locked out of the zone for too long etc.

1 Like

You can be invovled from Ungoro crater or Tanaris. Who says the war has to be contained to just one zone?

Is it not more ridiculous to just let the servers crash, so NO ONE at all can play?

I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing fun about lagging out and waiting 10 minutes for my ability to actually work.

Anything can bug out, we shouldn’t design things around the possibility tht it can “bug out”.

All in all, I am looking forward to this event. I made sure to choose a smaller pop server so that I could enjoy stuff like this. If you flocked to a mega server, that’s a decision you made, and one of the consequences is that you might not get to enjoy events with high traffic players as much, due to the lag.

Anyways, have some fun during the event Retrovertigo!

1 Like

I’m curious what’s to prevent mega guilds from logging everyone out at Silithus the previous week and logging in on patch day.

They could hypothetically lock down the entire zone couldn’t they?

2 Likes

I’m not going to respond to everything here, but there are plenty of people who rolled on low pop servers who are now playing on high pop servers because of free/paid transfers. So that is kind of a pointless thing to bring up. The real issue is that blizzard has been unable to provide stable servers while allowing them to become so large in number of players. And now they are forced to make unfavorable choices because of the way they handled the population issues.

1 Like

I’m willing to bet the people who feel that way were not people who actually experienced it during the original event.

That didn’t happen at all in Vanilla. This is about the be just as big as a disappointment as the rest of the game so far.

Less disappointing than server crashes and other issue :slight_smile:

I just want to know what happens if you try to log into Silithus or take a fight path there when it’s capped. Does it port you to your hearth location? Because that would be REALLY annoying, particularly for anyone with their hearth set to kargath/IF.

1 Like

Sure, here you go:

Naw, I’m ok with it. Yall just looking for something else to cry about, as per usual

1 Like

Anyone who expects 45 pages of legal nonsense, describing every possible situation (no matter how unlikely) and promising exactly what will happen to every player in that situation…

…is playing the wrong game. We didn’t get that much detail about ANYTHING for the last 16 years.

The blue post gave us MORE info that usual from Blizzard. Anyone who asks for even more is just trolling, I think.

Honestly, I can’t even PLAY the game with only the info that Blizzard supplies. I have been using wowhead and icy-veins and reddit and other fan websites to get information for the last 16 years.

2 Likes

You make an interesting point.

But most mega guilds arent’ that coordinated and have a ton of in group fighting. Most mega guilds only have one legit raid team. The rest of them are just an elaborate bench system with very high turn over rate.

This in practice blows… the husk quests show a level 51 requirement in the zone and since only lvl 60s are permitted in the zone it makes it impossible for someone who is say, level 58 (almost 59) to complete those quests.

This change about Silithus is not only disappointing, it is there worst change I’ve seen at Battlenet. it keeps getting worse. And the sad thing is we have to pay for it. Not for long!!!