Can we get any option to disassemble crafted items and get a Spark back?

It’s really crucial in PvP especially early season when due to meta old crafts become irrelevant. Is it possible?

I believe that PvE players wouldn’t mind it either.

How do you not have enough Sparks this late into the season?

I have but I came back to my alt I stopped playing 3rd week in the season. I also crafted a wrong item. I wouldn’t mind getting it back. Also is I get half of spark per week early then I’m in trouble if I crafted a wrong item.

I’m just sitting here wondering how you pronounce that name.

Is-heart-ears? I-sheart-ears? Is-hear-tears?

2 Likes

There’s a catch-up mechanism in place.

I shear tears - from Wind Shear

2 Likes

Thank you.

But it doesn’t fix the problem with limited amount of Sparks every season. For example the head enchant from raid has such mechanic.

That’s not a problem.

For you not but is the problem for me

Yes yes, I’m sure you want a full crafted set day one. I know, I know.

I don’t want fully crafted set day one. But if I crafted a wrong thing I want to disassemble my item and get the Spark out so I can craft a different item using the same Spark. The amount of items won’t change but it seems that Americans not being good at maths isn’t a cliche

This late in the season, and with season 4 looking how it does, I wouldn’t care, but early on it would be easy for crafters to abuse this for an advantage.

Also in case you didn’t know, you can also get the helm enchant easily through lfr, it only takes 2 full clears in my experience.

Generally speaking though, being able to retrieve a spark would make gearing even faster, and it was insanely fast this tier. If anything they probably want to slow us back down a bit more.

That wasn’t the point. The point was that it had built in mechanic to use it multiple times right. And how would crafters abuse it? The fact that they would be able to finish a weekly quest easier? I don’t think it’s such a big deal.

I have accidentally wasted a few sparks over the course of Dragonflight on outrageous brain cramps (eg: making a leather item instead of a mail item or having an alt crafter make the item for themselves rather than fill the work order I just sent over).

They’re mistakes I could accept and live with, but I wouldn’t have been opposed to having a way to burn an item down to its spark.

1 Like

Early on you could do first time crafts for items, retrieve spark, do it for another first craft, etc. Then drop profession for a new one and repeat. You could use alts for an even better advantage and just instantly level whatever profession you wanted to with a boatload of meddle (or whatever that resource is called).

We could do that with alts anyway. Or we could have a lot of friends sending us work orders. If it’s still burning up resources, it’s not really providing the ability to do anything that can’t already be done (as far as I can tell).

1 Like

I don’t think these are comparable to the hypothetical reality of what reusable sparks would be able to do.

I don’t think the system is perfect (in fact I would go so far as to say I find it obnoxious), but I don’t think this change would change it for the better.

I mean you can still wear the same amount of the items. Recrafting items still costs you tons of gold. And what is the point forbidding something because there will be few guys to abuse it when the majority of the playerbase would get some quality of life.

As a member of the PvE community I give this idea two thumbs up.

1 Like