Can we get account wide ignore?

Raises paw

I did but I think you have it backwards.

If you have account wide ignore, regardless of what toon I swap to, if you ignore one it ignores all.

Way it is now you ignore me, I swap to another toon, and I can reply to ya.

2 Likes

Can not dump on the dog pics but to me the only thing that would look better than a long hair border collie would be account wide ignore.

Ignore is failing at times. Sooner or later people on my ignore list appear until I refresh the page.

4 Likes

the current ignore system works perfectly fine as is

Did you read what I put or do you have me on ignore?

If they do, just go on another alt and say it again

:dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

Lol right I mean I honestly think they have it backwards from what they described.

From their comment, I think this is what they were talking about which is 100% backwards. Top is currently as it is and bottom is what folks want.

H = harrass
I = ignore btw

4 Likes

basically if you account wide ignore someone, you can sift through the forum to see who else you have on ignore, then identify alts.

It is not worth it Fuzz

3 Likes

If I have someone on ignore, I’m not gonna interact with em.

Are you saying that someone could, in theory, ignore someone and take them on and off ignore purely to find their alts to harrass them?

But wouldn’t the other person just simply put that other person on ignore so that switching around with be null and void?

Prob not but eh I’m bored.

2 Likes

their theory is that by ignoring someone that you can learn all their alts by searching the forums for hidden posts.

yes exactly… thank you for understanding

Right but why go through all that?

Besides if you have multiple people on ignore it’s kind of a mute point.

Besides there’s check PVP for that.

1 Like

I mean, that’s even assuming the person they’re harassing posts on more than one character.

2 Likes

so you’re saying there are already ways to find alts, so its fine to give harrassers more avenues to find alts?

also people can stop that from happening by checking the “show only character achievements.”

with that box checked, you cant find alts on third party websites.

I get what you mean but if a person only posts with 1 toon and instead of allowing for ignored replies to be seen, it should be like any other post in some of the megathreads where it’s just zapped off you can’t read it at all.

True. If they only post on one toon then it’s w/e.

If the 3rd party thing is enabled yes otherwise no.

100% never said that. I was trying to gain an understanding of what you were talking about etc.

I understand your point but here’s the reality, they would only find someone else’s alts if they post on them at all and even then, if person A goes through all this effort to find person B, person B has person A on ignore on the forum and then if it goes to in game they ignore in game, which is account wide ignore.

I do wish, though, they would make it by entire bnet not just by account. If I swap to alts on another accounts I gotta reignore people.

Now with what you said if a person had multiple accounts and it’s entire bnet compared to single account then I could see an issue with bypassing etc.

If it was entire bnet on forums / entire bnet in game then it would work.

Still if someone wanted to go through that much effort to find my alts… like… why? I don’t play em LOL

so you’re saying lets force everyone to post on only one toon so they cant be harrassed using the account wide ignore system?

that doesnt seem fair

You’re good at attempting to put words in people’s mouth aren’t you?

That is 100% not what I’m saying.

2 Likes

you said account wide ignore is not a problem if people don’t post on any alts.

so basically, the only way account wide ignore wouldn’t let people find alts is if no one ever posts on an alt…

i dont think thats fair

You can post on an alt but here’s the thing. If you post on maybe 2 toons right and let’s say you have your two.

You post on those 2 and you put person A on ignore. You’re Person B in this scenario.

So Person A does NOT have you on ignore. You have person A on ignore.

So, in actuallity, you can see Person A’s alts if you went through that.

But if Person A and Person B each, respectfully, have each other on ignore and Person A ignores 3 more people after you… how would they know your alts?

You claim it’s a privacy issue but the deal is, right now, it’s easier to identify someone’s alts etc by pets, achievements, check pvp, posting habits, etc. Dunno why someone would go through all that but if you have that big of an issue with harassments, that goes past this issue in itself.

That needs to be settled with a GM ticket and not responding to the person and ignoring them.

Now look at it this way too, if I swap to my alt and you have me on ignore and you do not want to talk to me, then great. There’s nothing you need to do and visa versa. If I don’t want to talk to you, you can find any alt that I would post on and it wouldn’t matter because I ignore you.

I get what you’re saying though, but someone would have to be extremely… idk demented? to go through that process and it’s pretty easy to find people’s alts now with just profiles and pets alone.

see, that is exactly what i mean: you put a person on ignore (with account wide ignore) and you can find all their alts