Can we get account wide ignore?

You’re right. Only if you have proof if people are causing an issue. Most of the time, they aren’t and people flag bomb them because they think they’re trolling when they aren’t.
Some of you need to see the difference but it’s kinda hard when you’re 100% set in your ways lol.

This topic has been derailed like 1,000 times from everyone from every side here.
You’re slacking on your policing duties friendo, or choosing who to police.
Big cough

Citation needed here; I’ll flag when something can be reasonably interpreted as abusive.

4 Likes

Because most of the time people are actually expressing an opinion. The only time I flag is if people are really like really bad, not because I don’t want an ignore feature or a feature of some sort lmao. Flagging is seriously abused.

If you think some people aren’t being sincere then why be on a forum?

Because this is where things can be discussed about the game, and can potentially be seen by devs/CS/etc.

Notwithstanding the point that there are plenty of people that come to this forum to not be sincere.

3 Likes

how so? Define the “flag abuse” that you claim is happening, and propose a solution without catching legitimate behavior in the crossfire.

Wasn’t this discussed on the CS forums recently? A blue chimed too.

3 Likes

Yeah, they did. From what I gathered, their definition of flag abuse is pretty narrow, and by far the most common abuse is 1 person using multiple characters to flag the same post repeatedly.

Simply flagging something you don’t like or disagree with isn’t abuse. It’s not how you should ideally be using the system, but it’s not abusing it.

6 Likes

And the only reason it is used as such is because there is no dislike/downvote function to use in its place.

Only if people use alts to mass flag one post.

Most of the time mods don’t check, you have to ask them to check.

I get the impression from posts made by the CS Blues that the mods can tell when they address a flagged post whether or not the flags were raised by unique accounts, or if multiple flags originated from a single account.

2 Likes

The bigger thing is that “flag abuse” gets whined about vastly more often than it actually happens.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Yes, yes they did. …

“Flag abuse” seems to be said most by people who think so highly of themselves they believe “I’m so great there’s no way my opinion could be so disliked! Obviously some aboose is happening!” :dracthyr_love_animated:

7 Likes

Pride cometh before the fall, something certain people need to learn,

3 Likes

Daily (within reason and with occasional long breaks) support for

:white_check_mark: Account wide ignores
:white_check_mark: Account wide total post count
:white_check_mark: Account wide flags
:white_check_mark: Account wide likes
:white_check_mark: Account wide trust levels

20 Likes

it’s a good day to support some Account wide ignores and btags for the forums!

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’d take it a step further and say if not using battletags for account wide options they should at least do account wide options in all cases including ignores, likes, flags, posts, etc. that way it’s literally like one person, one account type of thing and then if someone switches characters or whatever they are still them no matter what.

6 Likes

If someone wants to switch characters, it should update their entire post history.