Can we get account wide ignore?

i highly doubt its mainly lurkers thats reporting our posts
but the ones who are adamantly pressing the tos/coc/accusing ppl
of sockpupptery, trolling, offtopic and derail. it isnt productive
but that keeps happening and those who try to defend themselves get snark.
its tiresome its annoying n those accusations happen way more than any other.

1 Like

Like seriously, do you have any proof of who is flagging?

Honestly, as everyone has been told, if they feel a post is violating the Code of Conduct, report it. The same goes for you, if you feel someone is violating the Code of Conduct, report it. The decision will always come down to the moderation on whether the post has breached the Code of Conduct, not you, not me, not everyone else who uses the forums.

8 Likes

sadly ive reported many posts but it doesnt get looked if its not 3 reports.
ppl can tell me it does even if 1 doesnt but i dont believe it. ive reported a posts
that dont get looked at and im sick of it lol it almost feels pointless to do at times

1 Like

Just because it feel like it may have no been looked at, doesn’t mean it has been looked at. Sometimes moderation doesn’t removed the flag of such post if they haven’t found it to be breach. I’ve seen this a lot all over the forums, some post would remain flagged, even if reported by multiple people to be hidden.

One thing that does make it hard though for moderation is when everyone just keeps engaging with person, long after the person does report, despite multiple times people getting told to report, and don’t engage.

2 Likes

then moderations NEEDS to be better. theres no way someone needs to say to go die and im the only one to report yet ppl here wanna mass flag bc someone dont want btags so that needs immediate attention is so stupid. what mod doesnt think that isnt important enough? ive stopped reporting mostly bc i cannot one man army ppl when others have a whole squad to report. just doesnt feel fair at all.

If someone is making a real life threat, then yes, it should be reported. But as I said, I can’t confirm on who is flagging who. Trust me, I get a ton of post still flagged, but I tend to just ignore them and let moderation deal with the post. If people here are flagging your post in this thread, then don’t try and worry about it. If moderation doesn’t find anything wrong with it, they’ll just restore it or ignore the flag and let it stay flagged.

And I know the feeling when someone makes a real-life threat and it feels like they get away with it, as this thread will tell you.

3 Likes

While moderation can indeed be better, I fail to see what AWI has to do with this.

1 Like

I just got a “system” message that one of my posts was flagged. How do we tell what post was flagged? At the bottom of the system message it has a “Remove” icon. What does it remove? The flagged post or remove the flag?

1 Like

It greatly reduces several things that help moderation work load:

• Greatly reduced ability to interact with the PERSON you don’t want to talk to.
  • Avoids bickering, arguments, derailing related to that person.
  • That person does not get to pretend to be someone else to engage a target in forum combat infinite times. Nobody has to keep guessing if that person needs to go on ignore again - only AFTER things devolve.
  • Reduced harassment - just like in-game Ignore is account wide so people can’t hop on alts to keep messaging a target. It does make it a much better place for individual posters - and reduces flags related to harassment/trolling of individuals.
  • Fewer reports go in, and fewer derailed threads/arguments for mods to clean up.

We can also reduce support contacts further by having account wide Trust levels, account wide post history/post count, account wide flags/likes, etc.

• Less false flagging by hopping alts to do it
  • Fewer tickets asking where TL3 went because someone changed a char name or server transferred
  • Fewer complaints about sock puppets when it is no longer possible to pretend to be different people. Same Bnet account = one human. I still want our chars as avatars of course.

They could clean this place up a lot and reduce the flags, bickering, off topic derailment, concern trolling by “characters”, etc. Win win for everyone except the people who like to pretend to be someone else to stir the pot.

Anyway, good morning all! Reminder that Bnet account level forum accounts like the rest of the forums are win, esp if we can keep char avatars.

Comfy beverages for all!

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea:

18 Likes

It removes your character from the system notification. Nothing useful at all.

1 Like

Thanks, are we ever told what post was flagged?

The forums currently lack some Quality of Life features. Telling you what was flagged is one of those. The forum software has automated messages when certain events happen. Being flagged enough to get a post hidden is one of them. It just tells you one was flagged, not which one.

It also does not tell people their progress towards TL3 status which many find frustrating. With some digging you can find out what your current level is, but not how far you have to go to change it.

Both of those things also create CS contacts that don’t need to happen if the forum software was a bit more robust.

The software is built by a company called Discourse though, and is not something Blizzard directly controls without a massive effort. Like these WoW forums required major changes to have our chars treated as posting entities - which turned out kind of awful as the forum software treated each as a totally separate forum account!

Anyway, you can’t see which post was flagged easily. You have to go to your activity and search - and anything flagged won’t show on your Activity page so you end up guessing which active thread you were in that might have done it.

If you actually get Suspended, the email that comes with it usually has the post, or one of the posts that were related to it. At least it did the last time I was suspended.

Someone switched alts to false flag a really dry and boring CS post with a link to a Support article. I know they did not LIKE the answer, but flagging it? Seriously? Mod accidentally vacationed me instead of removing my flag. It got fixed.

15 Likes

Thanks. Seems to me if we knew what post was flagged, we might know what we potentially did wrong and modify our posting behavior.

1 Like

Specifically, I was referring to the person in question complaining about posts being flagged and removed as opposed to discussing AWI.

An option that can only be a net boon to the forums for all of the reasons you propose in addition to how it would force users to elevate their posting if they want to avoid being ignored by others.

1 Like

wasn’t i just told that forum suggestions (i believe moderation could be included) should be in this topic instead of making another? do you want me to make my own topic or not? this is what im talking about lol

they do if they deleted or restore it. u don’t kno until then which is dumb

I still think Blizzard should bring back “downvotes” but without the hiding function when downvotes get high. Some people use flags as downvotes, when they should only be used for CoC infractions.

3 Likes

I think they were talking about the discussion between me and Moondoggie. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

what did she mean when one report doesn’t surface?

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, okay, okay… I needed a good laugh, it is good to see that the story had a happy ending after all. Though unsurprisingly there was a Karen-level response in the unlisted topic, but the forums and the WoW community are better off without such things.

1 Like

The way you were discussing it came across as whataboutism; an attempt to move the conversation away from the topic at hand to something else. If that was not your intent then I apologize.