Can we get account wide ignore?

And ignoring you as a person has nothing to do with invading your privacy!

Let me ask you this Lilithia, you say you value your privacy, but does it give you the right to invade others privacy when you switch and pretend to be a different person to include yourself towards others who chosen to ignore you for any reason they seem fit?

12 Likes

Why should people be forced to interact with you if they don’t want to?

13 Likes

For better or worse to survive in this world the only thing you have to control are peoples perceptions of you,

Sometimes its necessary to take extreme measures, I can tell you right now a lot of people from my past wouldn’t have helped me if I had been honest upfront,

I always tell the truth eventually though to someone…privately of course. They will either understand why I had to be more subtle…

Sometimes you have to tell people as little as possible and walk on eggshells

Agreed.

Judith Martin (aka Miss Manners) herself has said that etiquette–which sometimes includes ostracism–steps in where the law can’t (and shouldnt’). “It’s not illegal/against the rules” is not an acceptable reason to disrespect another’s boundaries.

3 Likes

Well i don’t like ostracism so going to avoid it

I can’t control on what others think of me. Think I could’ve controlled the attacks from people towards me when I made a very spiteful comment back in 2019?

And everyone here on the forums will say this post of mine was spiteful. I mean, I could go ahead and recreate Saralocks on Thrall to delete it, but I left it alone as a reminder. I am responsible for my own behaviour, if I do something stupid, I will recieve backlash for it. The same thing here will apply to everyone, including to you.

And before you ask, switching alts from Saralocks to Ayukama has nothing to do with privacy, or fresh starts.

5 Likes

Isn’t that from it just randomly switching on you for w/e reason?

2 Likes

No, because Saralocks is now Ayukama. It is basically the same character, but different server with a different name.

3 Likes

exactly, very well-said. but the thing here is that this already exists on the forum with the current ignore feature - you don’t need an enhanced ignore feature in order to do this.

1 Like

Exactly. I’m responsible for my own behavior, I’m not gonna shy away from it.

goes back to the shadows

1 Like

What is that?

Can I eat it? It sounds like ostrich.

They think people ignoring them means people will exclude them from the forums.

4 Likes

So it isn’t a giant ostrich egg?

Sad fox noises

2 Likes

Nah, it means pineapple belongs on pizza

1 Like

What about peas?

Lol, how absurd given just because say for example 20 people ignore you that doesn’t mean the other thousands and thousands of people magically do as well.

6 Likes

Peas on pizza? :thinking:

Never heard of that one.

I know right. They seem to to act like we’re the only ones on the forums.

4 Likes

Actually no, any therapist worth their salt will tell you that you can only control your own perceptions and actions. And that you cannot control another’s. At the very least, it’s a waste of your time and energy. At worst, it’s manipulative.

People have rationalized incredibly harmful actions with “it’s necessary to take extreme measures”. And you’re now admitting that you deceived others into helping you. People who maybe would have chosen otherwise, if they could have made an informed decision. You feel you have the right to manipulate someone into doing something for you by withholding information from them.

Or what? Or more likely, they don’t “understand”–that is, agree–with you and choose to ostracise you? And you don’t believe they should be allowed to do that either?

People are not your pawns to push around and play with as you please. Until you grasp that, people are always going to be holding you at arm’s length.

12 Likes

Throwing in my support for account wide ignores. When I put someone on ignore, I don’t want 1 character on my account, ignoring 1 character on theirs. I want my account to ignore theirs. I really want to switch to posting on my Hunter, but I have no desire to have to ignore over and over and over again.

10 Likes

Good afternoon. (was busy with morning errands)

Daily support for account wide forum stuff.

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes