Can we get account wide ignore?

They are just trying to get this thread closed. Answering a question, never answers the question.

When someone is trolling, flag for trolling and move on. Ty

Their response after that they deflected and I put them on ignore

1 Like

While ignoring questions we have for you

i didn’t ignore any question, i just answered in a way that disagreed with you.

How the heck do you ignore on mobile!!!

the reality is that sock puppetting is not that common, as stated by the blue post here.

2 Likes

I hear duct tape over the display screen works?

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’re killing me!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t honestly know how to ignore on mobile. The two individuals I’ve ever had to ignore on the forums I did while at my computer. So when I tell you duct tape is my answer, it’s more serious a go to than you might imagine.

:laughing:

1 Like

Most people have better things to do, I would hope. But then there are the few infamous examples of that happening on this very thread.

I can believe it does not happen all the time, but the few that do that type of thing ends up being accutely more annoying, like disproportionately more so.

Tap their name, tap view profile. Next page where the drop down under the forum avatar says Normal, change it to Ignore.

Otherwise, you have to click your own portrait in the top right, click the bottom icon that kinda looks like a mannequin body with no arms/legs, go to preferences, then users (I think). Then you’ll find the whole ignore list there and you can add whoever you want to it manually by typing their character name-realm name in.

5 Likes

Hehe… ok that was funny

2 Likes

Account-wide ignore is already the compromise.

The first iteration was a request that people’s battletags be displayed next to their character information when they post. Strangely, even people who had previously said that account-wide ignore would be fine but Btags were right out were suddenly not okay with it when it became the going suggestion.

What we have now is already anonymous posting. Even adding Btags is anonymous posting. There is no personally identifiable information attached to either your character-server or Btag.

Turning the forums into 4chan lite wouldn’t be of any value to Blizzard most of all. I can’t see any kind of edge-case use that they would have for allowing people to post without any kind of persistent identifiers. I can’t see why most posters would want it either, they want to know who they’re talking to. More or less the only people who would have any use for fully anonymous posting with no persistent identifiers at all would be people who want to be able to troll and not get a reputation for it.

Even then, people like the “new” Draenei above who are willing to pay for a new burner account will still out themselves based on their argument style a lot of the time.

7 Likes

People pay for that?? Oh that’s disgusting.

1 Like

well then account wide ignores wouldn’t be very effective, so is it even worth doing?

By that logic, people still do murder even though it’s illegal, so why have laws against it?

But I didn’t have any interest in debating the bad-faith arguments that you had under any of the other characters you’ve used to post on the forums and I haven’t developed that urge now just because you’re on a fresh account.

People who would be willing to shell out cash for a fresh new account just to bicker on the forums are thankfully a very small edge case. That doesn’t mean it’s not worth doing something about everyone else.

6 Likes

Imagine being willing to pay $$ for new accounts just for people to ignore you. If I’m paying to be ignored, it’s gonna look like:

8 Likes

:laughing:

Right? Where do I sign up?

3 Likes

I’m not sure yet. We’re hunting for our retirement property. When I find it, I’m gonna keep it a secret. I can’t go on successfully being ignored if everyone knows where to find me.

1 Like

That’s a solid plan right there.

2 Likes