Can we get a pass on some of the old quests?

Just knocking out some quests in searing gorge and Lunk pops up while killing spiders for “A proper antivenom” and offers the quest “Lunk’s Adventure: Spider rider”. It requires weakening the spiders in order for him to ride them.

The problem is at max level even getting naked I still one shot the mobs so it’s impossible to do the quest. I’ve been looking for solutions and the only thing anyone can really offer is to literally die and get res sickness to weaken you enough to not kill them in one shot.

How about we get a fresh pass over any “weaken” quests and maybe provide a means of completing the quests without having to commit suicide. Possible solution: the NPCs give you something like the “foam sword” that does appropriate damage to the mobs.

edit: Alternatively, you could provide something along the lines of chromie time/timewalking for the duration of that sort of quest. If it’s low level and requires damaging but not killing mobs then scale us down to the appropriate level.

I think the foam sword toy is their solution to this.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’ll give it a try on my Warrior. But getting naked and punching mobs was still one shotting them so I’m not holding my breath lol

The Soft Foam Sword toy is specifically designed for quests like this. It will take the health of a mob you outlevel to a certain percentage so your character’s stats have no effect.

The last time I checked, it didn’t work on elite mobs, which comes up occasionally. In that case, the Whole Body Shrinka toy often works as it seriously nerfs everything about you. (That also includes movement speed, so be in position when you use it!.)

1 Like

So the soft foam sword may work on some of these quests but definitely not all. Take “Electro-Shock Goodness” for example. You need to drink a potion that causes electrical damage with your attacks. It is apparently a 25% chance to proc. You hit the mob, the potion procs and it splits them into mobs you can kill. Only problem is it doesn’t appear to be proccing with the foam sword and on warrior even naked attacks one shot mobs. So the potion doesn’t proc, no adds spawn, no quest completion.

1 Like

I finally managed to do that one by getting naked and dying to get res sickness then it’d work. Pretty lousy way to do a quest :frowning:

I make it a habit to submit an in game bug report whenever I run across a quest where the soft foam sword doesn’t work to get around the high level problem. At least then there’s some documentation of the problem.

Good idea.