Can we get a clearer drop rate for spark of ingenuity?

i’m not asking for the drop rate to be adjusted, I’d just like a clearer understanding of what drops the bottles and if there’s bad luck protection. Blizzard said they wanted them similar to legion legendaries, and if that’s the case I think bad luck protection should roll in. I know people who got 4 or 5 the first day we could get them, and I haven’t gotten one after running multiple m+, killing lfr bosses, farming rares and backpacks for hours the past 2 weeks. I’d just like more communication so I’m not wasting my time if something has a 1% drop chance, and somthing else is a 10% chance

7 Likes

I know people who got 4 or 5 the first day we could get them

Doubt

7 Likes

regardless if you doubt, you cant say you wouldnt mind a clearer picture on the drop rate? kinda the most pointless response to give

2 Likes

If it’s like the profession skill point drops, it’s personalized to your toon to enforce a timegate.

ie, you won’t get an answer.

Considering I’ve run about 35 m+ dungeons, killed 3 world bosses, and killed 12 raid bosses without getting a single one I’m definitely calling obvious BS on that claim that you know people that got 4-5 on the first day as well. If you resort to hyperbole or just flat out lie it becomes impossible to take your input seriously.

Most people I know have received 0 since they became available. The drop rate is extremely low. 1% is probably pretty accurate.

plenty of people documented farming dirt piles and the bags getting the first couple of days and getting 4 or 5. watched my buddy get 3 from mythic plus and raid the first day. just because you havent seen it doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Some people just have crazy luck

2 Likes

Okay, if it’s documented then it’s easy enough to prove. Where is it documented?

Somewhere between .01% and 99.99%, but I’m gonna guess it’s on the lower end.

I have yet to see one drop in any M+ or raid I’ve done for anyone, and I cap the vault on 3 characters a week.

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

2 Likes

I call this bs. You cannot have a normal conversation if one side is just makin :poop: up to make the topic more…scandalous, dramatic…i guess. Getting two was a mirracle…and you personaly know many who got 3-4…cmon man…it could have been discussed without this bs.

2 Likes

You are wasting your time. Don’t bother trying to farm them. The drop rate is probably as rare as a Legion legendary for some reason. I have just about 6 concentrated primal infusion with nothing to use them on. Cool design.

Don’t forget he “has a buddy” that he knows personally that got 3 the first day. There’s no way he would ever lie on the internet, then double down when called out!

2 Likes

I finally got one today at the end of a key. I think along with bad luck protection blizz should implement good luck protection so that folks who get lucky and snag an extra one early on have a decreased chance for their next one.

It does feel like the legion legendary system where some people just got 2-3 (and I’ve seen reports of more) right away while the rest of us got nothing. idk why blizz’s rng is always so lopsided, but maybe good luck protection would smooth things out for people on the other end of the bell curve.

You want people to have bad luck so you feel better?

2 Likes

Yes. They should get to experience the game the same way.

Like me, this is probably across alts… and removing the exaggeration of theirs, it’s also over a few days.

I thought I saw people talking about a few characters getting a lot of sparks in the first day and then the rate being corrected in one of the many unplanned maintenance cycles. It’s quite possible that people that did a lot of the “right stuff” on the first day got far more than what the rest of us will get over weeks of effort.

Testing and Quality Assurance seems to be non-existent–just get it out on time and then fix it once it’s live. I’m willing to go with “the drop rate was unintentionally high” on the first day and it was hot-fixed the next day.

3 Likes

Very possible… if it was initially, I think they fixed it.

I got 1 on the first day still grinding for the 2nd. Probably lowered the drop rate after the noticed too many people were getting lucky right away. They don’t want people to finish gearing their toons in one week. The point is to enjoy doing harder content not just have a toon full of 418 crafted gear.

It clearly sucks

1 Like

Is that true? The worst system ever put into the game is how they wanted them to be? Legendaries rained from the sky for some people and other people never got anything, especially not the one they actually wanted.

1 Like