Can we get a blue response on ZG enchants?

I haven’t been able to find an answer from Blizzard on this anywhere, thus this thread:
Will ZG enchants be obtained with the Voodoo doll + Primal Hakkari Idol formula (aka the 1.12 formula), or with the Voodoo doll + Armor token + Arcanum formula (aka the original formula)?

It would seem to me that the original formula would be most in line with classic philosophy, as Idols were not added until 1.12, and Blizzard will not be adding other 1.12 items until the phase that corresponds to that patch (phase 6).

No confirmation on this is an issue, however, because the formula has a massive impact on the price of Pristine Black Diamonds. PBDs are used for arcanums, thus they will be in high demand through phase 5 if blizzard goes by the original ZG enchant formula. But if they go by the 1.12 formula, PBDs will be considerably less valuable come phase 4.

Can we get some clarification on this topic from Blizzard?

1 Like

I think it is safe to assume that they will make the worse choice for everything they can.

3 Likes

While they didn’t answer it directly, there is this portion from their discussion of the phases and the philosophy. Since they’re talking about loot table changes specific to before and after 1.10, there’s a chance that includes the ZG enchants.

(As for getting a “blue response” … good luck? They seem to communicate what they consider important, and helping people maximize making gold in the AH isn’t exactly important by their standards.)

3 Likes

“Except Don Rodrigo’s band … which we wont release until phase 5 when it is obsolete despite being the exact same item level as Don Julio’s band which is available now”

1 Like

I am also not expecting an answer. Though it’s hard to tell whether their silence on this and related topics is because they don’t pay attention to these forums, or whether they do notice but just choose not to answer because they somehow think that divulging more information about their own game is bad.

1 Like

I think they avoid answering because they already made some questionable choices and got called on it, now it’s 100% avoiding the problems (AKA the community).

And while we the community are to blame for some of the issues, Blizzard also shares in that burden because they’re the group that ultimately made certain choices for good or bad.

Thing is tho, bad choices can be quickly changed; choices like using CRBG’s or 1.12 AV…

Those things can be corrected, but Blizzard does not want to deal with it because that’s “Work”, and it’s my observation that they spend more time and energy avoiding work than they would spend if they actually just did it.

3 Likes

I doubt it’s because they’re worried that the answer will get them criticism. An answer, even if it means they’ve gone with the far less desirable 1.12 model, is still preferable to no answer and then us finding out at the start of p4 that they’ve gone with the 1.12 model.

But there is a weird trend of them appearing reluctant to divulge any more information than is absolutely necessary.

ding ding ding - this right here

You’re not going to get a response. There’s a lot of stuff they want us to figure out on our own when it releases.