Can we crowdfund a pvp UI import? 1k seed

I think pvp is fun, and the complexity makes it fun, but hard to get into if you don’t know what addons to use and how to set them up.

I will, for 1k on my end, offer a bounty for an addon that does the following:

1. Installs gladiusex/omnicd/omnicd/weakaura/tellmewhen/diminish/bartender/trufigcd/myslot

2. has a feature where any player with rank 1 (or specifically approved by addon owner) on a spec can add up to two different UI’s to that addon (directly or as profile imports through whatever is currently standard per addon), and anyone can select a UI by filtering on spec and then clicking on the player-uiname to get either a 1 button import if possible or the profile strings per addon and all the weakauras/bartender keybinds

I will offer a 1k bounty with hopes others will contribute something also, or if someone who has the technical skills has a ‘price to quote’ state it and let’s see what happens

If at some point there is almost one UI per played spec, and some number of hundreds of people have used the addon, I will likely bounty another 1k

Just reading all of those addon names gives me a headache, forget about finding them and installing them. I’ll just play the old fashion way and look at the buffs/debuffs under the portraits.

My game was crashing and I needed to delete my cache and WTF folders.

I didn’t know how many addons I used and I have been setting them up again, its miserable, I didn’t even want to do it. I just wanted to go back to SoD.

But I did the basics with omnibar, omnicd, gladiusex, and bartender.

In fact, I just remembered I lost ALL of my weakauras and now I am having anxiety thinking about remaking them and finding them / downloading them all for my multiple specs/classes.

Definitely agree add-ons are way too much in this game now. However skill capped has a guide here: (https://youtu.be/dinvTq8jcdY?si=IO3WvGDymfEtWKAQ)

Takes maybe an hour to setup.

Also if you subscribe to their discord you can copy and paste profiles for most of the addons.

Bro would rather spend 1 grand than spend 30 minutes making a UI :rofl:

Skillcapped has a UI layout you can import in their discord for free. Addons can be installed separately in even less time. I recommend the sarena xaryu preset

The point haha is to make it easier for new players to get into pvp if they don’t know what they don’t know, as addons are a huge barrier to entry

If someone could click a button and have all of their keybinds and UI setup and have the confidence ‘this is what Vanguards plays with’ that might boost participation

Am trying to give back/coordinate with others to do the same. Personally am not intended audience for this addon though would totally use if it got made and I wanted to get started on an alt

1 Like

I agree, I got 100 bones on it. I can’t bring myself with the limited game time I have to spend hours trying to figure out weakauras I just wanna play the damned game. When I quit in WOD you didn’t need weakauras and now it’s mandatory. Hell I can’t figure out how to even get the spell icon off the middle of my screen for weakauras. Again I just wanna play the game not spend hours trying to figure out how to configure an addon.

I think blizz should just Add DR’s to their Arena frames and disable all addons for arena just to see how it goes.

buff tracking? lmao I just yolo my way with the basic UI!

1 Like

Same bro same. Addons are so annoying to deal with. I’d rather just take the hard route and build awareness.

1 Like

I might be misunderstanding, but an addon can’t install other addons into your addon folder. I’m pretty sure Blizzard restricts addons’ access to your computer’s files for obvious reasons.

Or did you want someone to write a program like a WoW addon manager?

So I don’t know the technical details, but for example myslot addon can change my bartender keybinds

So, would there be a way to create an addon that can’t download those addons for you but can change their settings

What I want is this addon to, assuming someone has those 7 addons installed, be able to ‘upload’ their settings for those 7 addons if they are a r1 or authorized player. And then someone else can with a 1 click button ‘download’ that UI to those 7 addons

Maybe an experienced addon author can chime in, but I think that’s only possible if those 7 addon authors modify their addons to allow this to happen.

Addons usually don’t want their values/settings modified by other addons. Imagine if you installed a random addon and it changed all your weakauras. You’d be pretty upset. So, addons are normally restricted to their own data.