Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

Of course it won’t. That defeats the purpose of what is trying to be accomplished.

That Paladin is honestly just trolling. Not worth your time.

2 Likes

but the forums are very helpful for many players - new and old alike - i think it woudn’t be good to make participation in the forums a burden for players.

1 Like

You’re asking the company that wanted to post people’s REAL LIFE NAMES on their forum posts here because they lacked the insight of things like IRL doxxing and swatting over a video game… to care about your privacy?

Wellgoodluckwiththat.gif.

1 Like

The fact that you cherry pick certain parts of people’s posts to reply to is very telling. When people make points that you do not address it gives you less of a leg to stand on when making your case. I do not disagree that the forums can be very helpful if used for the right reasons. It doesn’t change the fact that no one is forced to do anything here aside from abiding the CoC of this medium. You were way too easy to pick apart. Have a wonderful day.

3 Likes

Real ID for the forums and in general sounds like an old, archaic, failed system. I am happy that is not implemented on the forum.

1 Like

Can we please implement Real ID on the forums to force RL names so people are nicer?

Absolutely not. Battle tags potentially but not my real life name with Real ID.

I do not need someone googling my name, finding my address, and sending me pizzas or swatting my house.

Thank you.

On second thought…maybe they can send free pizzas.

But they just want you to get better at the game, that’s why they got you fired from your job so you would have more time to play WoW instead of wiping the PuG Mythic+ they lost their key over.

1 Like

As of late, I haven’t been partaking in M+ as much as I probably should. Season 4 feels slower, so I am just relaxing this season.

But I understand your sarcasm and joke there, and I appreciate the hilarity of it. :slight_smile:

You do not know what happened back when Blizzard thought of this idea.

I actually know exactly what happened, lol.

I think I see the boggle here.

Did you say the Real ID comment in jest? Text often times does not convey silliness well.

It was a more civil time… like The Old Republic in Star Wars. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, the forums can be very helpful for all players which is why we need to make sure that the forums are accessible for everyone.

giving players the option to choose randomized names for the forum would help them to feel more comfortable when asking questions or discussing topics on the forums.

It also makes it easier to troll and harass people or make offhanded insults that aren’t quite bad enough to be actioned and have none of that make it way back to you.

6 Likes

Why?

See, I was perfectly comfortable asking that question lol.

1 Like

Well, until the Sith Empire returned and really got the party started.

The forums are accessible for everyone. In fact, before the forums were updated in 2018, the forums were way more accessible because the trolling and harassment were controlled due to how we were posting from an account, not just our character-server.

What you want is a way for the trolling and harassment to get worse, why is why anonymous posting won’t even help with that.

4 Likes

i’m very happy for you but new players may feel a bit more apprehensive about using the forums and offering them the option to use a randomized name will help to ease some of that stress.

1 Like