Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

I’ve actually done an experiment on myself and it’s basically, since Overwatch is f2P now, you can contact them tho that.

Which launched into my next experiment. See how to get rid of that, and to my surprise, there’s tons of options to get rid of the unwanted requests. :point_down:

Put simply, there more ways to get rid of unwanted Btag friend requests, then ways to receive them. LeatrixPlus is esp a huge help.

And honestly, Blizzard should get rid of the “friends” bar they had since 2005 since they have Btag friends now.

1 Like

Don’t forget about the “I don’t have to answer anything I’m not comfortable answering”.

While that’s true, if you just avoid answering all of the points that people make because they prove you wrong, then claiming you want to “have a discussion” is meaningless.

6 Likes

Further, choosing to display only your battletag would reduce avenues of contact. If the only thing you display is your battletag, then that’s the only way they have to contact you. They wouldn’t know what any of your characters are or what servers to look for.

2 Likes

Completely agree with you

They could also add a way to block BattleTag requests. So you could turn it on when you’re expecting someone to become your friend, and then turn it off the rest of the time. That is if you really cared about enhancing privacy instead of paying lip service like Nelfas and friends.

So again, BattleTags would enhance security. Anonymous posting is like the exact opposite of security.

6 Likes

I don’t know about this personally :thinking:

If all characters are connected, including likes, flags, posts, etc. there wouldn’t be any issue with constantly changing characters.

With the current system, I can see what you mean. It would help curb sockpuppeting to a degree. I just wish they would do a complete overhaul because this character=account system just ain’t it.

Anonymous posting ONLY gives security to those who wish to harm others and get away with it.

2 Likes

Nah, just blue out some of the BattleTag code. So the forums would end up being something like this if it were me for example:

Saracalia ‎ ‎ ‎ <Embrace Reality> ‎ ‎ ‎ 6564 post
70 Night Elf Warlock ‎ ‎ ‎ 18290
Saracalia#15XX

1 Like

then you have the issue of many people having the same name showing

like everyone who has a btag with the name banana, would show as “banana”

and the btag supporter crowd would then complain that too many people are able to impersonate others, so that would never work.

1 Like

Can mine be Vongola#17 :taco: :taco: instead of xx? c:

that would be too easy to impersonate though and then you would ask for full btags, which very many people do not want.

1 Like

Let me fix that for you. Speak for yourself, not for others.

3 Likes

btags do not enhance security, it gives everyone who has access to view the forums (which is everyone on the internet since you dont need a paid subscription to view the forums) an extra way to contact a person’s in-game account.

Don’t forget I offered them 5 million gold if they could message me via Battlenet, even giving them my battle tag. They wouldn’t even need to say anything that would get them in trouble but they haven’t even been able to do that. So as it stands, they don’t care about their own argument aside from keeping this troll bait going.

2 Likes

Wanna explain how?

Oh, wait, you cannot.

Aura#12900. Do something.

2 Likes

I was willing to get that gold. Sadly couldn’t do it. I really could of used it :joy:

1 Like

ok i guess i can explain it for you if you don’t understand, sure.

ok so someone sees the btag on the wow forums, then they log into their bnet account and use that btag to send a friend request.

seems pretty obvious

1 Like

Lmfao.

Are you really that dumb? Can do more with your character name and realm.

3 Likes

And sending a friends request is contacting how?

I mean, I had my BTag on these forums since 2018, not one friends request. So, please, explain to me how this works.

Good to see.

What do you want from anonymous posting that you don’t already get out of posting on this toon?

That’s why you can include part of the first portion and x out part of the numeric. Problem solved. Unless you are claiming there are so many bananas out there that we will have some with the same first and last portion of their btags.