Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

I…

2 Likes

How many people?

1 people? 12 peoples?

2 Likes

Do we, or do we not, count personas?

3 Likes

Exactly why you want anonymous post, the ability to say horrible things and not have them tied to your name. This isn’t about safety and security, it’s about your desire to say anything you want and not be responsible for it.

9 Likes

I helped fix that for you. It’s not stalking. It’s looking up a history of a poster. In this case, it seems pretty relevant if you ask me.

But sure, if you want to pretend that reading something that you posted publically is the same thing as being stalked, then that too tells us a lot about you.

Thankfully, when you choose to post on a public forum, you already know and understand that it’s available to anyone who reads it.

If you don’t want people seeing what you post, then perhaps stop posting things you don’t want people to associate with you.

Blizzard is NEVER going to make everyone completely anonymous. They’re not stupid and know exactly how terrible things would get.

12 Likes

Time to create a new alt, this one is burned.

3 Likes

Yes. Quite.

Well I’m off for now. I have more pressing matters to attend to.

Do keep the discussion civil now, yes?

1 Like

But what about the post of yours where you stated “I didn’t said the death penalty. YET”.

That wasn’t a quote by anyone else, that was your post. Really sounds like you’re on the verge of advocating for it by the tone and capitalization.

Or did someone hack your account and change the word of your post to make it look like you said that?

8 Likes

1 Like

Lovely.

Right off I go chaps. Good day.

4 Likes

More like 1 person and 12 alts :dracthyr_lulmao:

4 Likes

Not a thing.
Looking at posts and armory is NOT stalking.

6 Likes

Ah yes, so people can advocate for potentially adding the death penalty for forum violations and not have it be tied to their character name?

9 Likes

So report them and move on. Why is knowing their name necessary here?

1 Like

Spoken like someone who wants to say unhinged things and not have it tied to their name :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So you can’t answer the question and instead resort to baseless accusations?

2 Likes

Character name, not real name. Blizzard owns our characters, their names, everything. We just rent our accounts at the end of the day.

You’re right though, that specific person definitely didn’t want people to see their history despite it being posted on a forum accessible to be read by anyone!

Something tells me that this is a great example of why it would be great to see b-tags on this forum, just like on all the other Blizzard forums.

11 Likes

The only people who are afraid of having their comments tied to their names are people who say bad things and are afraid of it coming back on them.

If someone is saying unhinged things like telling someone to off themselves, saying people deserve to die, saying death threats are opinions, etc. I want to know their name so I can tell my friends and people who I KNOW are vulnerable so they can block them to.

I’m here to PROTECT people from such behavior. That is why the name needs to be known, to protect people who are vulnerable from ever seeing such comments.

7 Likes

Great. So again, my question –

Why is it necessary to know someone’s character name, btag name, etc.? What purpose does this serve?

1 Like