Can we ask for more privacy features in forums to feel more secure?

You may as well be anonymous already. You are posting on a throw-away account. There is nothing on it; almost no pets or mounts, and your pvp level is 1.

And you’re in the same boat. Both of your accounts have literally seen more playtime on the forums than in-game.

9 Likes

No such thing. It either/or.

Exactly.

1 Like

Thanks, Liolang. I wish you good luck in the forum posts to come.

1 Like

There is no such thing as Armory or Post Stalking. How many times does this has to be explained to you.

Yeah, so you can say nasty stuff about people and make self harm messages against people, like you have done in the past. As I said, you can peal the skin off an orange, it is going to still be an orange.

EDIT:

For anyone wondering about the phrase, “you can peal the skin off the orange, it is still going to be an oranege,” it is another way of saying, “no matter how much you twist your reasons around, you can never hide from the full truth.”

Also Vrak, for the first time, I actually disagree with you allowing another topic on this. As much as everyone does have the right to their own opinions, when the OP is adding in stuff such as “profile stalking,” this is why these topics get badly heated. I know all of us have to respect your decision at the end of the day, but I feel like this decision by you was the wrong one to allow another topic like this by the same person.

13 Likes

What you consider cowarda

It is a good thing to be able to hold someone accountable for their actions and words from a community stand point. Perhaps someone is a toxic person and out of nowhere they start claiming that they they never said or did certain actions. Well, now we have proof of what was said.

Maybe, someone is claiming that you said something and you actually did not. We as a community have the ability to verify such information as well. Which of course would exonerate you from those false claims.

4 Likes

To prevent alt-hopping.

To verify you have some experience with what you’re discussing.

Just look at Nelfas’s posting history. That’s the stuff they want to keep hidden, so people don’t know the views they hold.

10 Likes

Enhance Privacy? Isn’t that like Alternative Facts or Enhanced Interrogation Techniques?

3 Likes

It stops being your business when you direct it at someone else. Remember the adage that if you wouldn’t tell it to someone’s face, you shouldn’t be saying it online. Anonymity on the internet is the problem, not the solution.

11 Likes

Lol so? Whether I post my battletag here or Twitter, the result remains the same: nothing happens.

4 Likes

If only more folks would adhere to this.

7 Likes

It is not a thing. There is no such thing as armory stalking. You can not stalk what is made available to the public to see. Like, you seriously know what stalking really is, don’t you? Do you ever think about all those who actually has been stalked before making such comments of “armory stalking?” Do you see Blizzard making comments of you “stalking” the armories, since they technically own the armories, and yes, also own your character?

Oh yeah, so you think the community should ignore the death threats and toxicity you’ve made towards others?

Good idea, how about I start with this post:

I mean hey, if you think me commenting in this thread is “policing” the forums, then sounds like a you problem. Anyways, here is the report.

:100: And I think Blizzard would never really look at going full anonymity within the forums, due to the increase toxicity it can cause.

10 Likes

I meant that he is not responsible for what i say.

1 Like

So you are okay with pushing self harm on people? Not a good light to be under. You are pushing anonymous posting because you don’t want to be taken to task about what you say. A lot of the problems here are because people run their mouths and say vile things and not get called for it. You have to bring these thing to the open.

Since Blizz won’t allow callouts (which at times I find a stupid policy), there are other avenues.

10 Likes

When they have done it to people in the past, the light wasn’t good to be under in the first place.

We have a very limited limited amount of flags per day. Anonymous posting would create a cesspool and require 100’s of flags per day to deal with it.

6 Likes

it is already explained in my first post guys. What is partly anonymous posting/ hide my name feature. It is not fully anonymous posting.

I invite you to read first post. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

There is NO SUCH thing, either you have it or you don’t.

9 Likes

You do know that is what fully anonymous posting is. Hiding your name. Can’t be partly.

Who is the “he” that you’re talking about, hmmm? :thinking:

8 Likes

You told someone to go to the electric chair

6 Likes

All this is asking for is for people to not be held responsible by the community for the statements and actions that they make.

If you were asking for something like a unique forum tag with a searchable post history and not connected directly with the players in game characters to avoid any “harmful” messages in game from any people that may come from the forums. I personally could get behind it.

But as long as your idea is boils down to, people get to say what they want and no one should ever be able to hold it against them, because it might make them feel bad about themselves. I’ll continue to argue against it.

There are social standards to be followed in every society and community and even though it is your right to break from those standards, it is not your right to avoid the consequences of doing so.

5 Likes