Can the next legendary be a quest again?

RNG legendary are lame

10 Likes

Let’s go back to Sulfuras levels of attainability.
It’s not legendary if anyone can just start the quest.

3 Likes

you do understand that rarity doesnt make something legendary its the stats and on use effects right? also with how the game is today compared to back then if they make it that rare every class that can use it would have to not be balanced around not having it while also making it just crappy enough that your not required to have it.

2 Likes

legendaries don’t work with the current seasonal iteration of wow.

items like thunderfury or atiesh were fine because they were used for the entire expansion (in the case of atiesh, used throughout the next expansion as well).

look at the evoker legendary of season 2 - replaced in week one of season 3 by an end of dungeon mythic plus weapon drop.

5 Likes

Legendaries just need to go away. In a seasonal game like this they either need to receive special treatment or they just become paperweights. Both results are lame.

3 Likes

Legendary weapons should only drop off the last boss of mythic raid and require multiple kills. Don’t balance classes around it either, someone with it should be broken OP, but it’s okay because it’ll be super rare.

1 Like

No, getting the eye in the final step was a PAIN. You could take years to get it and never see it.

1 Like

I’d prefer a break from legendaries all together.

1 Like

I hope they add even more legendaries because watching all the melties is one of the best parts in the game

1 Like

How about the just stuff a legendary on a raid boss loot table with the drop rate that is = to the Love Rocket. That you need to spend 19 years farming it.

But seriously a questing Legendary is more fun but no one wants to put RPG back in WoW anymore.

Remove legendaries.

1 Like

I just want a another legendary weapon that is a gun, Two Handed Sword, one handed axe, staff, and polearm. Kind of tried of the same old stuff of legendary bows, axes, and etc.

As long as they don’t once again remove it for no good reason like the MoP cloak/WoD ring.

Legendaries just aren’t legendary anymore.

A Gun would be super cool.

To think a fantasy game doesn’t have a legendary 2 hander

1 Like

I’d like the next Legendary to be casters staff (it’s long overdue), or another floating skull for warlocks.

1 Like

if were going to talk about long over due then the next legendary has to be a agi staff/polearm. everyone but the 2h agi melee group have had a leggo. the axe should have never been the legendary it should have been a 2h agi staff since that entire patch was so heavily druid themed.

they really need to go back to the mop style legendary quest line though where you work towards something all xpac.

Those were the most balanced iterations of legendaries, but also the least interesting. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. Some people just want to be OP, but it is the devs’ job to prevent that (this is a big source of “fun detected” memes; sometimes the “fun” was “imbalance” all along, which is only fun from one specific point of view).

One exception to “if it isn’t imbalanced it’s boring/disappointing/not REALLY legendary” is to build the entire expansion around them, then they aren’t legendaries but artifacts. (Although that expansion also had a form of legendaries, which didn’t work out so great.) But I don’t think they can do that often (maybe even never again), and artifacts had some of their own problems anyway.

“Legendaries for some, the rest will get nothing and like it” has been a fountain of imbalance, envy, resentment, and complaints every time it has been tried and yet they keep thinking “but it might work for us NEXT expansion!”. It’s really bizarre when you think about all the things they actually have learned from over the years.

It would be better for balance to retire legendaries, but then it would also be better to retire tier sets (especially with the way they sometimes cause talent forcing) and they actually reverted that because gear that is too balanced feels boring.

Personally I don’t think gear should ever be the exciting part of your character and it’s OK for gear to be just “make numbers bigger”, but this may be a minority view. One thing about gear that does crazy possibly-imbalanced things is that it can make you play the same character differently from patch to patch within the same expansion – some people consider that a benefit and others are annoyed by it. (Trying to satisfy conflicting demands from different groups of players is probably one of the less fun parts of the dev team’s job.)

Do the Legion system, but with the catchup currency being there from the start.

This legendary did have a quest though, it just occurred after you got the drop :stuck_out_tongue: