Can someone please expalin Cataclysm to me

I just don’t understand all the ways to play…

Ok, so this Cataclysm launch next week:

• Does everyone start new at lvl 1? If not, is Cataclysm part of the WOTLK progression? So all those playing WOTLK will be playing Cataclysm in a week? Or Can they stay playing only WOTLK? Or am I just wrong on both accounts?

I just dont get if classic, WoTLK, Cataclysm and retail are ALL separate or if they ever were connected in any way… or will be.

Thx

Cataclysm is part of the WOTLK progression. All Wrath servers will progress into Cataclysm, with all their characters levelling from wherever they are now - like 80 - up to level 85 in Cata.

While you certainly can start a level 1 on the was-Wrath-now-Cata servers, most people will surely be levelling their characters fro 80 to 85.

In fact, the servers are already designated Cataclysm. In effect, there are no more Wrath servers - they are now all Cata pre-patch, and will be full Cata in two days

Sadly, nobody can stay playing Wrath. No servers are being left behind to stay Wrath. Wrath is gone.

Classic still exists. I’m glad of that. Not many are playing it, but I’m glad it exists. When Classic progressed into TBC, while most of the characters moved into Outland, Blizzard left realms befind for those who didn’t want to leave.

The TBC servers and characters then progressed into Wrath.

Wrath will be gone in two days, and those servers and characters will progress into Cataclysm.

Retail is separate.

So there will be three separate games

Classic (very underpopulated)
Cataclysm (just starting)
Retail.

1 Like

No, you keep your characters & they keep their current level, same as when a new expansion comes out for Retail.

Yes, all the current Wrath Classic servers will update to Cataclysm,

No, there won’t be any servers staying on WOTLK. Your choices will be Classic Era, Cataclysm Classic, and Retail.