Can Racials Be Updated for Dragonflight?

A lot of racials have fallen behind in Dragonflight and are in dire need of updates.

EDIT: This first part has been fixed!

Mechagnomes in particular feel extremely ignored by Blizzard (there’s a thread in GD pretty much every day, and there’s currently a massive thread on Reddit). At level 70, the Mechagnome Racial still only gives 3 of your primary stat per stack, for a total of 30 Primary Stat. This racial hasn’t been updated since they were released, except to fix a bug with the level squish scaling. It gives as much at 70 as it gave at 60, it just blatantly does not scale. (According to the Bug Report forum from here and beta, it’s giving 0.5% of the primary stat, instead of the intended 5%)

To put it in perspective, the Orc racial, which was just updated less than a year ago and properly scales, gives 583 Attack Power/Spell Power on use, which, being on-use, is very different than an always-active racial, that’s still a massive power difference, which is very easy to sim.

Vulpera are very far behind pretty much every other race in sims, as their racial is just severely undertuned. As you can see from that bloodmallet link, It’s almost a 2k dps loss compared to other races as an elemental shaman just to roll Vulpera. I don’t think race should be that much of a contributing factor to dps. (And all of the other races are relatively close to each other.)

Other racials that could do with some updates would be:

Dark Iron Dwarf Mole Machine - We haven’t had new Mole Machine Locations since their introduction. If we can Mole Machine to an alternate universe in Draenor, surely we can Mole Machine to Shadowlands and Dragon Isles, right? Also, making Mole Machine unlocks account-wide would go sooooo far.

Vulpera Bag of Tricks - We haven’t had new elements for Bag of Tricks since the introduction as well. There’s so many elements in WoW, and Vulpera still only retain 3 for damage and 2 for healing. (Despite there being Fire Cauterizing Heals in-game, Arcane Healing, etc.)

Dwarf Archaeology Racial - If you aren’t going to update Archaeology, can Dwarves have a new racial in place of it? Otherwise they have a dead racial.

Lightforged Forge of Light - Why does FORGE of Light not function as a Forge and only as an Anvil? I’d wager 80-90% of things that require an Anvil also require a Forge, effectively making this racial useless.

Nightborne Magic Damage Racial - Can this be updated to give some sort of bonus for classes like Warrior that don’t do magic damage? This is akin to the 1% Crit/1% Haste/etc. racial for other races, but it’s useless for Warriors and not much better for a few other classes, which very easily puts them in the bottom 3 races for those classes just by sheer lack of combat racial.

Feel free to add any other racials you guys can think of that need updates. My brain is frazzled right now so I pretty much only remembered the major ones that stuck out to me.

14 Likes

I’m not sure why people say blizzard abandon archeology or are not working on it. Blizzard has said in many interviews that archeology is coming back in dragonflight just not right at the start.

1 Like

They said might or maybe. Nothing definitive. There is a reason I said “If you aren’t going to.”

Just every racial from lightforged Draenei has been needing a massive revamp altogether.
I don’t know why anyone greenlit this abomination that is light’s reckoning. Why they haven’t changed it to something that doesn’t require you to be dead to work is beyond me.

But honestly, I would just get rid of every racial that affect combat gameplay. Choosing a race based on their racials rather than their aesthetic and lore has always been bad for the game.

1 Like

Id rather we get to choose which racials we get from a pool and the race of the toon doesnt really matter. Id be orc no matter what but watching what ever PvP Dev blizzard has at the time absolutely destroy certain racials because they want to really “change it up” sours my attitude towards them messing with anything.

1 Like

I do agree with this - but I feel like this is something they’d do in an expansion launch, not a patch. So fixing the broken racials in the meantime would be appreciated. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just for those looking for an update: According to Reddit, they stealth hotfixed the Mechagnome Racial and it’s giving the proper 5% Stat now!

Also, just to add (and will edit the OP), the Vulpera Racial really needs some love. As an example, here’s sims for Elemental Shaman races:

It’s almost a 2k dps loss just to roll a Vulpera. BEtween Dwarf (top race) and Vulpera, it’s a 2700 dps difference. That’s massive for a race choice.

2 Likes