Can priest finally get some mobility?

Priests need to be able to move. Every single class has something… And PLEASE don’t mention feathers… What good are those awful feathers doing when you’re slowed and need to cover a large area quickly? We need some sort of freedom. Either when we pw:shield ourselves or bake it into fade. Just something.

4 Likes

No - all cool mobility talents and spells belong to the shiny new object: Preservation Evoker. This is their expansion.

Paladin and DKs cry out for mobility.

pally has horse and freedom. dk has wraith walk.

3 Likes

You know it is bad when Evoker brings new raid utility for movement:
[Time Spiral] - Bend time, allowing you and your allies to cast their major movement ability once in the next 10 sec, even if it is on cooldown.

What is the Priest major “movement ability”

• Priest - Leap of Faith

An ability that doesn’t even grant us movement. :confused:

10 Likes

They have no clue how to make priests hip and cool again.

1 Like

that’s what i’m saying lol.

Its weird how priest are only gonna have 1 movement option and even then feathers seems to be the clear victor over B&S. I would like atleast some new/interesting option to take the place of B&S.

O I see someone already responded to this but I never felt slow on either of those classes and they have baseline options for movement. Priest does not lol.

o and one of the other baseline things DK gets is Deaths Advance.

I’m over here crying LOL. I saw this too and didn’t process in that moment, how funny. yea hopefully they address this, lol.

spectral guise would be a start

Do we still have a means to turn Leap of Faith into a gap closer instead? That would make the Preservation buff more interesting.

I mean, they’re the same as Paladin charge. Also, that’s what Stampeding Roar/the movement speed totems are for.

Good news, it’s on the same node as pw:shield so you can shield yourself and get a 40% movement speed for 3-4 seconds!

I don’t get it, you’re literally faster than Warlocks outside of those taking Burning Rush. In PvP, you’re 100% faster than Warlocks, yet you’re still not mobile enough. How is that even possible? Are you all wanting Monk mobility or Druid? Cause that’s never happening.

I mean, you also got Shields that increase mobility when you bubble someone or feathers.

If that’s the case that’s cool, but, you literally have more frequent mobility than you think or say, lol. If you want something different, say you want something different. Feathers is your mobility CD or PW:S is, but either way those make you, overall, faster than most other classes in this game.

Fair enough, they could bake the shield one in to the class itself.

more frequent that we have to opt for lol. I’m actually fine with B&S but others have pointed that that feathers is the more flexible option ( which i agree) so that’s why i would want a more interesting/different thing to replace B&S.

this could work, yea.

Paladins have Hand/Blessing of Freedom to clear any slows. That means their movement ability “can” not be wasted if you freedom yourself.

This is why I think Phantasm should at least be a talent in the class tree.

• Phantasm
    Activating Fade removes all movement impairing effects and prevents your movement speed from being reduced for 5 sec.

Mobility is usually divided into two types: speed increases which are usually invalidated by being slowed (like Divine Steed and Feather) and gap openers that usually are not (like Blink, heroic leap, etc.).

Priests have little in terms of mobility, but thankfully what mobility they do have is on a minimal cooldown.

IMO priest mobility is only really an issue in PVP where you can be constantly slowed, which invalidates your feather/body & soul.

I’d go further and say mobility is overrated in PVE. 90% of the time, you only need a speed boost because you choose not to immediately move for a mechanic, or you choose not to pre-position yourself optimally. Most mechanics give you ample time to move out of them. Take the Xav the Unfallen boss in Theater of Pain as just one example. You have to move a lot to dodge his three AOE abilities. But if you preposition yourself 10 yards away from him before each of his casts, you can easily stroll out of his AOE abilities every time, regardless of what order he does them in.

Theater of Pain is a good instance to experiment with and practice a “Zero mobility” build. There are many “swirl” effects to run out of, many frontal cleave/cone abilities to dodge, and so forth. But you can do it all without a speed boost.

Now, on some PVE fights you really, truly need extra mobility. But those fights are often rarer than the community gives them credit for.

I actually recommend everyone - if they haven’t - to try dungeons where they don’t take Feather or Body & Soul at all, and - if you die to a mechanic - to think about how you could have positioned differently or if you had the opportunity to simply move a second earlier to make it work. If you give it an honest attempt, you’ll find that extra mobility is - in 90% of cases - more a matter of convenience than necessity.

1 Like

Did I miss something?

I thought the question was more in a “general” sense.
Is someone referring to instance PvE content specifically?

I referred to both PVP and PVE. I just went further into discussing PVE.

I like this. Im going to try it.

1 Like

The current legendary effect, which was previously a glyph, should be a talent. Baseline leap of faith or just add an additional talent to provide its functionality. For those unaware, this reverses Leap of Faith’s functionality, turning it into something similar to Wild Charge instead.

2 Likes

While true, standing to finish a cast then using something to quickly move out of a mechanic will often save your group from dying rather than stopping to reposition then cast again in a lot of circumstances.

The horse and talent with a 1 minute cd. They’re called wheel chair classes for a reason. lol

Priests are mid-range mobility. Feathers and body & soul let you move around reliably from A to Z. Body & Soul lets you cover a lot more distance than feathers.

It feels especially bad after having to give up both Flicker and the Vault of Heavens legendary. Those made it easier to keep up with non-stop tanks in dungeons. Now I always feel like I’m plodding behind the rest of the group in every dungeon run.

Side-gripe: why does every tank spec have so damn much mobility? Honestly I think that needs to be toned down a bit.

2 Likes